Inquiry on Errors and Filling Gaps

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
IbexThales

Inquiry on Errors and Filling Gaps

Post by IbexThales »

Greetings!!

I would like to ask the following:

1. Will exporting data to a Build 1000+ be ok? I have read in the FAQ that post-765 Builds will generate errors. This has been the case for me. However, I have tried exporting 5 days worth of data and it seems to be fine.

2. The log generates hundreds of this error message:
Time Message
14-05-2018 21:14 Error occurred during download: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.dukascopy.com' (URL: http://www.dukascopy.com/datafeed/EURAU ... _ticks.bi5)

Will this be fine? How can I avert this? Will running the data again for Oct 28, 2015 fill the gap, if ever it exists?

3. How can I fill the gaps in the downloaded data? Will running the data again for the gap, as mentioned above, help? Or will the download of MT4 History Center help? Or is there nothing that can be done on it, as long as modelling quality is 99%?

Hoping for your assistance.

Thank you very much.

tickstory

Re: Inquiry on Errors and Filling Gaps

Post by tickstory »

Hi IbexThales,

Re: your questions:

1) Build 1000+ are unfortunately not (yet) supported by the Lite version. You will need to revert back to Build 765 and try again. If you have a specific error you are getting then it may already been covered and you can search for the error message in our forum or in our FAQ (https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... _questions). Unfortunately we can only provide limited support for any issues you have on the Lite version, however you are welcome to post questions for the community.

2) This error seems to indicate you have no connection. Please go to File->Settings->Dukascopy and 'Test' your connection. If you get an error you will need to find the cause of it before continuing. It is typically caused by a non-existent or incorrectly configured internet connection. Try also browsing to www.dukascopy.com in your internet browser to make sure you have access to the site.

3) Tickstory will automatically fill the missing data when you resolve point #2 and re-download the same date range. Ensure you don't have any more errors and this indicates the process was successful.

Regards.

IbexThales

Post by IbexThales »

1. So does it mean I cannot download and throw data into MT4? I am in the process of downloading it now (45 hours)...

2. I tried doing Test and it works. Dukascopy also opens on my browser. However that error shows up from time to time. Could it be just a momentary fluctuation in my internet connection?

3. Nice!!!!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi IbexThales,

While you are getting the errors you likely have gaps in your data, even if it appears to be working. Please ensure you get no errors when you export/download. Once you have successfully downloaded/exported a range of data, this data will reside on your hard drive so you will not have any errors thereafter.
If the error is intermittent, check your internet connection and ensure you are not attempting to download "excessive" amounts of data at the same time. Try only with one instrument at a time to see if that alleviates the issue.

Thanks.

IbexThales

Post by IbexThales »

Hi Admin!

Could it be possible that I am able to successfully download to MT4 even if my MT4 is Build 1090? I seem to see files inside the FXT- and HST-assigned folders. If I encounter no error, could it be the data I got are already ok?

Or will they still contain gaps due to compatibility issues?

Thanks in advance!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi,

If you wish to work with Build 1090, you will need to use the 'Standard' version of Tickstory. No other configuration is supported and could yield incorrect results.

Thanks.

IbexThales

Post by IbexThales »

Is the standard the paid version?

IbexThales

Post by IbexThales »

I also wanna know if there are no errors, does it mean the data i downloaded are valid?