Error in download

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
RT74

Error in download

Post by RT74 »

Hi,

I have been trying to download AUDCAD 4hr, 01/01/2016 - 14/04/2018, files but when download gets to 08/07/2016 I keep receiving file or directory is corrupted message. Would you have any idea why this happens? I have deleted all previous files in the dukascopy directory and external HDD. I have attached some screen shots to hopefully help.
Attachments
export3.PNG
export2.PNG
export1.PNG

tickstory

Re: Error in download

Post by tickstory »

Hi RT74,

That's a rather odd message and I would be doing some scans (eg. scandisk) of your hard drive to make sure there are no issues. If you are getting the message for the same two files, try renaming them and downloading that range again to see if the problem occurs again. If it doesn't, it seems to suggest that the portion of the disk where the files reside may indeed be corrupted.

Hope this helps.

xi_vii

Post by xi_vii »

Have the same Error. Reinstalling of Tickstory or deleting old data does not help.
Attachments
Screenshot_2.jpg

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi there,

Do you have the error message in English, please? Is it also saying that the data is "corrupt"? Have you tried renaming the mentioned files in your Dukascopy Data Store folder and trying again? Also, please perform a "chkdsk" of your drive, just in case.

Thanks.

xi_vii

Post by xi_vii »

Hi,

it is written:
"Error occured during download. Can`t connect to remote server (URL: http//datafeed.dukascopy.com/datafeed/....)"

I think that renaming of folder does not solve the problem, since data is not "corrupt". Connection to Internet also is good.
This problem started recently - after about 16th of April.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi,

This is a different error then to the one mentioned in the first post. "Cannot connect to remote server" can occur for various reasons including your internet connection being broken or the Dukascopy servers limiting your requests. As long as the same file is not being reported in the error, Tickstory has recovered from the error and managed to download the file.

Thanks.

pauren

Post by pauren »

hi me too get the same error and i think i know the problem
it is dukascopy.com/datafeed/
instead of datafeed.dukascopy.com/datafeed/

it should not have "datafeed." in front of dukascopy.com

could we change the url?
the download source?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Pauren,

There should be no issue with access to the datafeed. If there is a problem accessing the url, in order of likelihood:

1) There is a some issue with your internet connection and/or proxy set up. You can try a different connection to see if this fixes it.
2) Your ISP or government is blocking certain sites (this is especially true of users in China). In this case, you will need to use a VPN.
3) Dukascopy is performing some weekend maintenance which should be resolved in a few hours.

Hope this helps.

antonius888

Post by antonius888 »

Hello everyone. I have the same problem - tickstory cannot connect to dukascopy datafeed server. I've tried using another PC and alternative internet connection - nothing helped. Can somebody please check if it is working?

UPD: I've managed to download data using VPN (Avast SecureLine 7-day trial). It seems that Dukascopy restricts access in some way.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Antonius,

We are aware that some countries such as China are potentially blocking their outbound connections and the workaround is a VPN or alternative open connection.

Thanks.