Were is my csv file???

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
daan

Were is my csv file???

Post by daan »

Hi everyone,

Today I tried to create a csv file from the tickdata downloaded with tickstory lite 0.8.1.0.
I began to test it buy making a (1m) csv file from only 1 year tickdata (eurusd). I gave it the name eurusd_test.csv. It didnt take too long to complete the task but then I had no idea were the file was stored in.
I looked in the folders that are being used by tickstory but could not find the csv file in here.
I then used windows search ".*.csv" and even that didnt help.I tried this several times but no result.

Could someone please tell me what i did wrong? I use windows 7 64bit administrator account. :D

tickstory

Re: Were is my csv file???

Post by tickstory »

Hi Daan,

If you do not explicitly provide a path name, the CSV file will be written to the Tickstory application directory. If you have the Windows 7 virtualisation feature switched on, it could be that the file has actually been placed in a user-specific path.

It is recommended that you explicitly specify a path on your next export if you wish to avoid this issue (or disable the Windows virtualisation feature).

Hope this helps.

daan

Post by daan »

That did the job. Thank you so much! :D

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

You're welcome - glad to hear it solved your issue.

Regards.