Nothing happens when starting back-test (Lite)

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
tx6195

Nothing happens when starting back-test (Lite)

Post by tx6195 »

Hello, newbie here. Not even sure where to start with the troubleshooting. Here is my setup:

I downloaded data from Dukascopy using SQ Tick Downloader. I changed the Dukascopy datasource tab in settings to the appropriate folder, and I can see view that data in Tickstory.

I'm using Metatrader 4 downloaded from Forex.com, and then I copy and pasted a terminal.exe file that I downloaded to roll back to build 765.

In Tickstory, in the export settings, i'm selecting build 545+, and on the Metatrader info tab I'm changing the "map to" field to EURUSDpro, to match the currency name from Forex.com. Everything else I leave at the default settings.

I try backtesting with the following parameters:

Expert Advisor: MACD Sample
Symbol: EURUSDpro
Model: Every tick...
Range: date range within the export
Period: M5
Spread: Current

I hit the start button, and nothing happens. Any idea what the problem could be? thanks

tickstory

Re: Nothing happens when starting back-test (Lite)

Post by tickstory »

Hi Tx6195,

It might be that the older version of the "MACD Sample" is not compatible with the older version. I would try recompile the EA and see if that helps.

Regards.

tx6195

Post by tx6195 »

thanks for the reply. I tried recompiling the EA and that didn't work.

tx6195

Post by tx6195 »

Can anyone help?