DAX Index Not enough datas less bars than 30

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Marcel83

DAX Index Not enough datas less bars than 30

Post by Marcel83 »

Dear together,

i always get the message in the subject ive i try to backtest my ea`s in the index dax.

The settings looks like this:
DATA Overview Settings.png
The datas by himself looks like this:
DATA Overview.png
I was using the option "map to" so i think i was doing everything fine but were is the problem now?

Thanks in advance!

tickstory

Re: DAX Index Not enough datas less bars than 30

Post by tickstory »

Hi Marcel,

Are you sure you didn't miss a character somewhere when mapping? A sure way to tell is if another FXT file is being created when you back-test (eg. "DAX3060_1.fxt"). Some things to check (in order):

1) Have you exported at least 30 bars of data? (It looks like you have, based on the size of your FXT)
2) Are you getting 99% modelling quality? If yes, then it means you are correctly using the exported data and perhaps your EA simply isn't trading. MT4 will initially give the "Not enough bars" error but will then continue normally when it has sourced sufficient bars. Otherwise;
3) Have you mapped your symbol exactly as it appears in MT4?
4) Have you selected 'Tick' as your modelling method?
5) Make sure you are logged out of your terminal as sometimes MT4 will try back-fill data from your broker if it's online.

If you're continuing to have issues, appreciate if you can give some screenshots of the error and your Strategy Tester tab settings.

Thanks.

Marcel83

Post by Marcel83 »

Hi,

1 and 2 ) As you was saying already, yes i think i have more than 30 bars :)
In the picture you can see that the quality is 99,9%
2018-03-22 18_24_21-Metatrader FXT Editor.png
That error is not depend on the EA because the EA is working on Forex for example, as well and if i use an other EA, i have the same problematik

3)
DE30.png
DE30.png (3.59 KiB) Viewed 21099 times
4)
Tick.png
Tick.png (8.21 KiB) Viewed 21099 times
I hope this help to solve this problem. Thank you!

Marcel83

Post by Marcel83 »

Here the report, what you was asking for.
Attachments
20180322.log
(6.99 MiB) Downloaded 907 times

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the log information. Seems to shed more light on the error. It looks like the "Not enough data" error has thrown us off. This appears to be a "normal" error while the Strategy Tester is collecting enough bars to feed to your EA. On the other hand, you also seem to be getting other errors such as "Tester: exchange rate cannot be calculated" and "DE3060_0.fxt" cannot open [5]". Both these errors should be solved by following the steps here:

https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 0&start=20

Once you have followed the steps, you might want to try back-testing with a simple EA such as "MACD Sample" to make sure everything is ok (it will also help narrow down any issues if you continue to have issues). Once you've established that the strategy tester is correctly taking trades, you can introduce your EA again.

Thanks.

Marcel83

Post by Marcel83 »

Hi,

can you please copy here, what exactly i have to do now? In this link is a lot of text from a lot of different peoples so i dont know what exactly is the right thing to do.

Thank you!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Marcel,

From the link, check the following if you are still getting "Cannot open error [5]":

1) Make sure you have the correct MT4 Settings in your FXT file by using the method described here:
http://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=809
This includes making sure that your "Map to" symbol is *exactly* as it appears in MT4 - including the correct case.
2) Make sure you have exported more than 100 bars for the timeframe you are working in (for eg. if you are working in the daily timeframe, export more than 100 days of data).
3) While trouble-shooting this error, make sure you don't have more than 4GB FXT files (you may try go beyond this once you have resolved the issue, but do note that MT4 does not always handle >4GB FXTs very well).
4) An invalid field somewhere such as a comma instead of a decimal place. See https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 809&p=5381

Regards.