Export file failure - access denied

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
avrahambr

Export file failure - access denied

Post by avrahambr »

Hi!
I tried to export data to file. I got the message export failed, access to program files/tickstory failed.
I looked at the forum and did what you wrote. I created another folder in document, with writing permission, and changed the settings in Tickstory accordingly.
I tried again. I got again the same error message, and also access denied to program files/tickstory. not to the new folder i created. as if i didn't change the settings.
Really need your help!
Regards,
Avraham

tickstory

Re: Export file failure - access denied

Post by tickstory »

Hi Avraham,

If you are getting access denied to the "Program Files" path, it means that you are either explicitly specifying that path name in your output file name or that you haven't specified a full path name in which case Tickstory will try to write to the default run directory. As such, make sure you are specifying a full path and filename in the "Output Filename" field as shown in this video:

https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... ta_to_file

The full path name should look something like:

C:\Users\<yourname>\Documents\{Symbol}.csv

Replace <yourname> with your login name, of course. Make sure to double-check that the folder exists by copy and pasting it in Windows "File explorer" (i.e. copy and paste C:\Users\<yourname>\Documents\ and you should see the contents of the folder).

If you are still having difficulties, please send a screen shot of your file export settings.

Thanks.