Broker's DATA

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Or Drori

Broker's DATA

Post by Or Drori »

How do I adjust the modeling data I download to my broker data?

And is it important if the broker's data is about 2 Digits and 4 Spread, and I change it to 3 Digits and 40 Spread? it's the same ?

And how do I set the Tick Size and Tick value of the broker? The broker's data is registered at 0 ..

Please answer me.. I'm really stuck here..

Thank you!
Attachments
Tickstory data
Tickstory data

Or Drori

Re: Broker's DATA

Post by Or Drori »

It will be very helpful if you fill in the data that I need to register in TickStory that will match the broker's data ..
And again, thank you very very much!

Base comm :
Comm type :
spread :
Digits :
Point :
Stop lvl :
Tick value :
Tick size :
Swap short :
Swap long :
Swap roll/o :
Margin calc :
Margin init :
Mgn hedged :

Or Drori

Post by Or Drori »

I searched for guides or questions in the "How to synchronize the data between broker data and Tickstory" forum and found no manual showing how to insert this data.

As we know, a lack of synchronization between broker data and modeling data can be a crucial and risky factor when reviewing strategies and performing back-tests.

I really ask you, can you answer the question here. This can help many in the future.
What data should be entered into the Tickstory data and which is not.

Thank you very much, and continue a great week for everyone.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Or Dori,

All the values that you need are shown in your original screenshot. Simply copy them as-is and save them as the default when exporting XAUUSD. The step-by-step process is detailed in this post:

https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=809

Hope this helps!

Or Drori

Post by Or Drori »

Hey,
Thanks for your response.

But still I do not understand, what should I write in the Tick value & Tick Size?
If you have other Digits and Points listed, then Tick Value & Tick Size should have numbers accordingly, no?

If I set it to 0, as I see in the broker's model, then the trades do not open to me at all. That's why I need to fill something there, but it should match the broker's data.

Same goes for Base Comm, I need to set there 7 and below 0 in Comm type? Like I see in the brotker's data ?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Or Dori,

Please copy the values as-is - these are the same values that get passed to the back-tester during a "standard" MT4 back-test. For Tick value & size, input zero.
If you are not getting trades, then this is likely due to some restriction or error in your EA. You might firstly want to see if everything works correctly with the MACD Sample EA. If it does, just check your EA's Journal log to see if you are getting an error when your EA is placing a trade. Any error codes will help hone in on what is causing the EA not to trade. We have written a general trouble-shooting guide for assisting users who are having problems getting their EA to trade here:

https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... nottrading

Hope this helps.