Metatrader and Amibroker Chartdifferences

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
demian1982

Metatrader and Amibroker Chartdifferences

Post by demian1982 »

Hello again,

today I compared the Metatrader and Amibroker chart, with the same source of data (tickstory), time frame etc. of course. How you can see on the two pics, there seem to be some substantially differences between them. :?

Any explanation for that?
Attachments
amibroker
amibroker
mt4
mt4

tickstory

Re: Metatrader and Amibroker Chartdifferences

Post by tickstory »

Hi Demian1982,

Could you please detail what differences you note? At a glance they both look the same aside from the extra few days at the end of the MT4 data which is not shown on the Amibroker screenshot.

Thanks.

demian1982

Post by demian1982 »

Ok, may the differnces are not that substantially, and I'm bit pedantic, but I found them relative obviously. I would like to understand the reason for that.
Attachments
amibrokerII.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Demian1982, Thanks for the further clarification. Did you check the "include weekends" check-box in the MT4 export window? By default (and for historical reasons), the MT4 export includes weekends whereas the File export does not. Note also that the MT4 Export does have several additional export tweaks built-in to customize the display for MT4 users (such as filling bar gaps when there is no data to ensure MAs are fluid). The File Export, however, will construct bars from the raw, unfiltered data.
Our historical changes on the MT4 Export function are listed on our change log here: https://tickstory.com/changelog/

If there is some reason to match the two, the best approach would be to export the data from MT4 in CSV format.

Hope this helps.