daylight savings

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
kiwimango

daylight savings

Post by kiwimango »

Mt4 built 482, windows 7 64.bit.

Alpari Broker server close: Friday 0:00 open:monday 0:00 ETT GMT+2 (winter) GMT+3 (summer)
I converted fxt to mt4 with GMT+3 daylight parameter, and:

after March 15. the weekends open/close are correct.
before MARCH 15.
friday:0:00-0:00
Saturday:0:00-1:00
Sunday: ----
Monday:1:00-0:00

i think the daylight parameter works not correct.
I need help how can I fix it. Thanks.

tickstory

Re: daylight savings

Post by tickstory »

Hi kiwimango - not entirely sure what you are trying to do. If you are trying to shift the time to the Alpari broker server timezone, I believe it is Central European Time (CET). If so, what you should simply do is select a suitable CET timezone (i.e. "GMT +1:00 Amsterdam, Rome, etc") and perform your export. The system will automatically adjust for daylight savings whenever appropriate.

Let us know how you go.

Thanks.

apu21

Post by apu21 »

Sir, I am trying to download the data from it, but I am confused with the timezone. I have contacted support manager at my broker and they told me the following.

[
You:
Hello Sir, Will you please tell me the UTC timezone of UK server?
And also does this time has daylight savings?

Support manager 169:
The timezone of UK server and daylight saving time is (GMT+3).

You:
So does it remains GMT +3 all the year?

Support manager 169:
The timezone of UK server will change in Winter saving time is (GMT+2).

You:
Thank you.
]

Please tell me that what should I set in the place of "Adjust Timezone"?
Please give a name cause some name in the same time has daylight savings and some are not. Example: UTC+3, Moscow has daylight saving and UTC+3 Nairobi don't.

And one more thing I want to know about the tickstory lite software is that, does it support optimize backtest?

Please sir, help me with this 2 issues only. And many many thanks to you for this awesome software.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Apu,

If your broker's server adjusts their time according to New York trading times, then there is a timezone called "New York trading hours" which is the first timezone in the list. This is probably the best representation of the timezone your broker is trying to match. More discussion on the topic can be found here: http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=131

Re: Optimisation - yes, you can use MT4's optimisation feature.

Regards.

kiwimango

Post by kiwimango »

alpari server timezone:
summer GMT+3
winter GMT+2

I converted datas with tickstory utc+3 (amman) with daylight saving
The alpari server time +3 because now summer time, and it testing 3 years HST datas. In summer time period the friday close 24:00, (it is ok ) but winter period the market close on Saturday 01:00, because (i think) the tickstory give +1 hour to winter period, but it sould be -1 hour.

or if i convert datas utc+2, the winter period is correct (friday close 24:00) but monday open go to Sunday 23:00 ( in this way should be +1 hour to summer period not -1 hour)

and i know in europe the summer period is: from last sunday of march to last sunday of october, but the ducascopy after converting changing daylightsaving sometimes on the first, second , or last sunday of march. i dont understand it.

please help.

kiwimango

Post by kiwimango »

hello,

alpari summer servertime utc+3, the converted utc+3 (Amman) datas, have problem, if i work with more then one year datas.
wintertime Amman datas close saturday 01:00, and open monday 01:00.
summertime Amman datas close and open correct (monday: 00:00- friday 24:00)

other problem: i know the daylightsaving chaneg in eurpe on last sunday of march and last sunday of october, but the change on the converted datas, on first,second,last sunday of march example.

help please

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi kiwimango,

Could you kindly give a table of a short date range to demonstrate what is output versus what you expect? We can then investigate this further.
Please note that the summertime dates are taken directly from the Windows operating system, so ensure that your operating system has the latest updates to ensure time zones have the correct information.

Thanks.