EURUSD Optimizations

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Taube

EURUSD Optimizations

Post by Taube »

Hello, I am performing optimizations on the main 28 currencies, EURUSD performs only the first step correctly from the second on it returns the value 0 in each column. I have tried with a different database of data and I do not have this problem. It happens to me with 3 different EAs and I can not solve the problem.

tickstory

Re: EURUSD Optimizations

Post by tickstory »

Hi Taube,

Could you please try base-lining with the "MACD Sample" EA and ensure no date ranges are checked. Also make sure that your FXT files are less than 4GB (i.e. try testing with a smaller data set to begin with - say 1 year). Also, please make sure you get 99% modelling quality on your single-test prior to beginning the optimization.

Sometimes, the MT4 Strategy Tester might be caching incorrect results. To rule this out, try clearing your Strategy Tester cache in the <MT4 Data Folder>\tester\cache folder (you might want to back up the files prior just in case). Also, you might want to make sure the tester is displaying all results even if they are not profitable. To do this, right-click in the 'Optimization Results' tab and ensure that 'Skip Useless results' is unchecked. If you continue to have issues, you might want to go back to basics and ensure that your back-tests are working ok in 'single-test' mode.

Hope this helps.

Taube

Post by Taube »

Good morning and thank you for your reply.

I have performed the indicated tests, the optimization with MACD works while the one with my EA continues to report the attached schema.
Attachments
Cattura.JPG

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Taube,

The best advice we can give is to try the parameters of the zero profit test and perform a single test with it. The Strategy Tester may be stopping the test if you are exceeding your initial capital or similar reason.

Hope this helps.

Taube

Post by Taube »

I performed the test with the optimized value number 4, it is correctly loaded in the mask of the EA and there are no operational problems in the diary.

However, it still does not calculate the optimization values
Attachments
Cattura3.JPG
Cattura1.JPG
Last edited by Taube on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taube

Post by Taube »

This is the database inside Tester

I tried to download it updated on another pc but I have the same problem
Attachments
Cattura2.JPG

Taube

Post by Taube »

I downloaded a new metaquotes demo platform with metaquotes data and the optimizations are performed. I deduce that there is a problem with the tickstory data ..
Attachments
Cattura4.JPG

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Taube,

Thanks for the further screenshots. As per recommendations, please ensure that your FXT files are less than 4GB. There are some issues with MT4 being able to use large data sets, so you should try a sample set of around 1 year to see if this resolves the problem.
Note also that the Strategy Tester is using cached records as shown in the Journal message. Ensure you clear your cache as described above once you have regenerated your FXT files to ensure all the tester results are freshly recaclculated.

Thanks.

huangwh88

Post by huangwh88 »

Hi Taube, did you solve the problem? I have the same issue.