Trying to use TickStory's data with Control Points = Issue..

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Karish

Trying to use TickStory's data with Control Points = Issue..

Post by Karish »

Hello,
i am trying to use TickStory's data by the standard approach,
its downloading FXT+HST files and importing them all into my MT4 as it should,

i made sure that i am offline and logged-out from my account in MT4 in order to keep all my HST data as it is and not let the "broker's data" (MetaQuotes data..) to over-write it,
i am heading over to the broker's history folder where the HST files are and marking them as Read-Only, same thing i am making sure that the FXT files are marked as Read-Only,
then what i do is selecting Control-Points for my backtest that i want to perform in that modeling quality MT4 should calculate its Control-Points data files using the already existing HST files but it seems that it does not work for some reason...,
(Every Tick model works fine)

here is the log..:
2017.12.27 08:49:35.579 TestGenerator: no ticks generated, history of EURUSD,H1 begins from 2017.12.25 2:00
2017.12.27 08:49:33.579 TestGenerator: spread set to 20
2017.12.27 08:49:33.579 TestGenerator: no connect to trade server, default environment will be applied
it seems like TickStory wont generate much data for H1,
the file is less then 1MB from the year 01.01.2017 ~ today..,
what can i do in order to get the Control Points working with TIckStory's data?, please help... thanks!

tickstory

Re: Trying to use TickStory's data with Control Points = Iss

Post by tickstory »

Hi Karish,

I think you seem to already know: Tickstory will not be the one generating the Control Point FXT file but MT4 will. This file is likely to be quite small in comparison to tick data.

That said, are you getting any results from the back-test? The error message you posted seems to suggest that you have exported a different date range than you are trying to back-test with. If you have "Use dates" set in the Strategy Tester, make sure this is switched off.

Hope this helps.

Karish

Post by Karish »

Thank you for your answer, i will be at home soon i will try again with your suggestions and reply back, i think i tired with and without the use datas checked, and no im not getting any results, i use data from 2017 till today and it seems like the error msg im getting is that it does not read the full data period only maybe few hours..

Karish

Post by Karish »

Solved!,
Thank you for your time,

the thing was that i was importing the data to my other MT4 folder, then was taking only the HST files because i knew the FXT for Control Points are built from the HST files only,
so i tried to move the FXT data also this time to my MT4 folder that i am trying to test with Control-Points with,
so i move the HST files and the FXT files to the folders that they should be and that did the trick now the Control-Points data file is much bigger in size and working like a champ!,

thanks again for your help!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

You're welcome - great to hear it's solved!