Error Message: Unable to Connect to the Remote Server

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Sam

Error Message: Unable to Connect to the Remote Server

Post by Sam »

Hi There,

I installed the Lite version to see how it works before I invest into buying it. First thing was to point it to the data repository and it can recognise the data I have already downloaded with another app. However, when I push the 'Test' under the setting, I get the error message: "Error: Unable to Connect to the Remote Server"
Snapshot of the Error Message
Snapshot of the Error Message
Its my home network WiFi and I don't have any proxies. Can you guys give me some help to fix it.

Thanks!
Sam

tickstory

Re: Error Message: Unable to Connect to the Remote Server

Post by tickstory »

Hi Sam,

Could you please try access the following URL via your web browser:

http://datafeed.dukascopy.com/datafeed/ ... _ticks.bi5

If it works (a small file will be downloaded), then please check that your anti-virus/firewall is not preventing Tickstory from making outbound connections. If the above URL does not work (i.e. you get some sort of web error), it means that the data is not accessible to you for some reason (ISP/regional restrictions to certain websites?)

Please let us know how you go.

Thanks.

Sam

Post by Sam »

Hello again!

I followed the instruction. It appears as my Firewall was blocking the connection. It is solved now and I could successfully test the connection. Now my only problem is that I can't open my MT4; but I think it is a built problem. I am running a 1090 version from Pepperstone. Am I right to say the paid version would not have this problem?

Thanks!
Sam

P.S. the link posted didn't work on my Chrome web browser but the Tickstory is working and is able to download.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Sam,

Great to hear the download issue is solved. Regarding the MT4 Build version - that is correct. The licensed version of Tickstory supports the latest build 1090. If you are content with rolling back your MT4, the free version can be used.

Hope this helps.

Sam

Post by Sam »

Thanks.

I like the software and I am going to buy it!

Cheers,
Sam

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

That's great, Sam! Please let us know if you have any issues!