DAX backtest problem

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Or Drori

DAX backtest problem

Post by Or Drori »

Hello, First, I would like to congratulate you on the wonderful software you created. Thank you!

Second part,
I want to do the DAX30 back-test, I downloaded it and put it in the MT4 folder.
When I run Expert, I get an error that MT4 does not have the DAX30 and MT4 data downloads a new one, while the Tickstory file is in the correct place.

My question is - does not the test work for me because the name of your file and the broker / MT4 file are not the same?
Your file is called - DEUIDXEUR60_0.fxt
And a file of MT4 call - DE3060_0.fxt

I want to make sure, I've made thousands of optimizations and I know how Experts works with your data. Only in the DAX30 does it work for me.

Thank you very much for your help!

tickstory

Re: DAX backtest problem

Post by tickstory »

Hi Or Drori,

Thank you for your kind feedback!

Regarding your question 2): To create the correct files for MT4, you need to tell Tickstory to "map" the symbol name DEUIDXEUR to your broker's symbol name DE30. To do this, there is a field called 'Map To' in the "MT4 Settings tab" when you export. This field is mentioned in the manual and also various helpful discussions can be found if you search for 'Map to' in this forum.

Don't forget that there's also some useful information specifically for people testing with 'DAX' if you search our forum:

https://tickstory.com/forum/search.php? ... x&start=10

Hope this helps!

Or Drori

Post by Or Drori »

I succeeded, thank you very much!

My problem was the file name and in P. Calc mode was on 0 so I change it to 1 and its jobs.

God bless you!

I have another question in your possession,
There are currencies in which the data that comes out optimization does not match what I see in Back-Test.
How can this be changed?

For example: EUR / JPY 1H.
This optimization shows me:
a profit of $10,000
5 Expected Payoff
and 1.80 Profit Factor

And when I use this optimization data and do a back-test, I get 7500$ profit, 3.48 Expected Payoff and 1.56 Profit Factor.

How could this be? Am I missing something here?
With other currencies such as EUR / USD or NZD / USD it shows me the same data in the optimization and Back-Test.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Or Dori,

Great to hear you got it going!
Regarding the optimization, there are some cases where the Strategy Tester may be resulting cached results. To resolve this, try clearing your optimization cache by deleting the corresponding cache results in the <MT4 Data Folder>\tester\cache folder. You can find further discussion on this topic here: https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... tion#p6578).

Hope this helps.