1 year backtesting with several months without trading

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
aries0403

1 year backtesting with several months without trading

Post by aries0403 »

HI,
I've been using tickstory full version to backtest, and i found out that when i was backtesting with 1 yr history, there are several moths was ommited (0 trade). I then backtest those months individually and the EA was trading normally. I also compared my result with my fd who use another forex history program, his had trade on those months as well.

the attachment is the tester report, u can see that there is a break btw 10/3 and 6/24
Capture.PNG

the data i was using :
Symbol EURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar)
Period 1 Hour (H1) 2012.01.01 22:00 - 2017.08.28 23:59 (2016.01.01 - 2016.12.31)
Model Every tick (the most precise method based on all available least timeframes)
Bars in test 35294 Ticks modelled 142303465 Modelling quality 99.90%

also, i am using build 1031 as well, im not sure if its related.

Thansk you for any solution/reason to the problem.

tickstory

Re: 1 year backtesting with several months without trading

Post by tickstory »

Hi Aries,

We're not aware of any bugs in Build 1031 that causes these sorts of problems, however it's always recommended to use the latest version of MT4 just in case. As a first step, please try to see if this resolves the problem.

After that, it's hard to say what could be causing the issue except to suggest that maybe the EA is either 1) getting some errors in the Journal for some reason during that period or 2) your EA simply isn't trading due to some other condition. Looking at your trade results, it looks like your trade in March hasn't been closed for some reason which is the likely cause that no more are being opened. If you are comparing with a trading colleague, try to baseline to make sure all the following are the same:

1) The EA and it's parameters.
2) Your MT4 Build versions.
3) The MT4 tick data (copy over his/her HST & FXT files in the final case that 1 & 2 don't show the problem).

Hope this helps.