Backtesting consumes ALL my disk space

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
dylanshilts

Backtesting consumes ALL my disk space

Post by dylanshilts »

Not sure why but when I backtest my EA the report will only read up to 6236 bars, I have it backtesting for 8 months on the 1 hr chart. I change the settings to backtest only one month and same thing, it only reads up to 6236 bars then stops the back test. This has nothing to do with my computer as I literally just bought this new computer only for this reason, to backtest with the tickstory data.

This would be much easier to resolve over skype or team viewer if that is possible. Please assist

tickstory

Re: Backtesting consumes ALL my disk space

Post by tickstory »

Hi Dylanshilts,

If your back-test is stopping prematurely, please ensure that your data (FXT) files are less than 4GB as described in our FAQ:

https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... kteststops

If you are still having problems with the back-test stopping prematurely, make sure there no errors are being reported by your EA (check the 'Journal' tab in the Strategy Tester).

If you are having problems with disk space, it is recommended that you export only the time-frames you typically test in. For example, if you typically have strategies that use the 5-minute time-frame, only check the "5M" on the "Export FXT Timeframes" check-box in the MT4 Export window.

Hope this helps.

paulson617

Post by paulson617 »

I would like to export M1 Time Frame only, but it doesn't matter how many times uncheck M5, M15, M30 ... and W1, the program continues to export all the frames.
don't want to generate these datas-2.JPG
It seems to me that deactivating the boxes doesn't work. How to export only the time frame I want, and not all at the same time?
don't want to generate these datas-1.JPG
don't want to generate these datas-0.JPG

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Paulson617,

Unfortunately it looks like your images haven't come through. In any case, please note that the .HST files of all time-frames will always be exported. This is a requirement for MT4 to back-test correctly (and the charts of all time-frames to be visible). It is the .FXT files which are the testing tick data files which are the large files and only the ones you check will be produced.

Hope this helps.