"Export to file" option

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Selwynster

"Export to file" option

Post by Selwynster »

I could previously download data every hour.
I see that it has now changed and the latest data i can get is 2 hours ago.
Please help

tickstory

Re: "Export to file" option

Post by tickstory »

Hi Selwynster,

Could you provide more details (including screenshots, if applicable) of the problem?

Thanks.

ark1

Post by ark1 »

My question relate to file export problem so I thought to ask it here. I keep getting "export failed' Access denied....etc messages when attempting to export. I've read and unsuccessfully tried the posted solutions...Ex:run as administrator...create 'tickdata' folder in documents...etc. Nothing works. Is there another possible solution that I'm not aware of?
It is a tick data file of the EurJpy. I can't even locate this file. If I could then I'd manually place to the correct location ( if that's possible ). Please help.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ark1,

The "Access denied" message means that you have specified a folder that Tickstory is not allowed to write to. By default, Windows 10 denies access to the "Program Files" folder, so check that:

1) In your File->Settings->Dukascopy Store Folder you have specified a writable directory (such as in your "Documents" folder).
2) The export file path you have specified is writable and includes a full path specification (see the manual and also https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... cessdenied).

Thanks.

ark1

Post by ark1 »

That did it. Much appreciated.