UNUSUAL ERROR MESSAGE "CRITICAL ERROR IN EA"

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
marcorix

UNUSUAL ERROR MESSAGE "CRITICAL ERROR IN EA"

Post by marcorix »

It's from few weeks now that all my EAs that I have always been able to successfully test with ticksotry data are now suddenly giving the following error:

2017.08.23 19:46:27.343 2016.08.22 03:00:00 Testing pass stopped due to a critical error in the EA

It's obvious that there is not error with any of my EAs for two simple reasons:

n1 - I have previously tested the EAs for several times with Tickstory and there where not issues whatsoever;
n2 - If I test the same EAs with normal data downloaded from MT4, the EAs are testing normally.

After the above explanation I would like to know if Tickstory team has any idea to eliminate this issue as it is costing me loads of time to try to figure it out.

PS - I have tried with another MT4 platform but after testing the EAs for about 2-3 times the problem suddenly reappeared. I have also downloaded new data and reinstalled Tickstory a few times but nothing has helped.

Many thanks!

tickstory

Re: UNUSUAL ERROR MESSAGE "CRITICAL ERROR IN EA"

Post by tickstory »

Hi Marcorix,

You may want to check the other log entries above and below the message you mention. There should be some more information about what specifically is causing the problem,
such as in this thread where there was a problem with the EA in certain cirumstances: https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=686.
It sounds like there could be some specific scenarios where the EA is giving problems or perhaps you are running out of system resources during the back-test. If this is the case, this will require modification of the EA to correct the issue or minimize resource usage.

Hope this helps.