Bug while testing short periods

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
flexo

Bug while testing short periods

Post by flexo »

Hello,

I am using an external HD for MT4 testing purposes, all data files are stored on this disk. When I run a batch of data from 1-1-2016/1-7-2017 this gets performed fine. After this I choose a short time period for testing, like 1 day period or 1 month. It then takes extremely long to conduct this test even over 1 day of data. I see this in the Journal tab:

2017.08.03 12:26:11.159 TestGenerator: symbol EURUSD period 60 model 0 from 2015.08.02 to 2017.08.01
2017.08.03 12:26:11.144 TestGenerator: file "E:\MetaTrader 4\tester\history\EURUSD60_0.fxt" is read-only

If I than wait for a long time, it will still conduct the test for this 1 day of data. It seems to take awfully long for just 1 day of data. Also in this time the progress tab is not indicating anything.

I have followed all the procedures for assigning the external HD correctly using /portable etc.

Do you know what is going on?

tickstory

Re: Bug while testing short periods

Post by tickstory »

Hi Flexo,

The two log entries you mention are quite normal and do not indicate any issue. To trouble-shoot the delay issue, I would firstly be using the standard "MACD Sample" EA to see how long things take. If it takes some time, you may want to try a different PC to compare performance as it could be something CPU related. If the test completes quickly, it is likely something in your EA that is slow for some reason. As such, if you have the code (and know how to program), you should put some debugging information to find out where the lag is.

Hope this helps.