a suitable launcher could not be found

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
nighttrader

a suitable launcher could not be found

Post by nighttrader »

Hi Guys!

I followed the steps from the forum......so I have build 1090 MT4 and the bought version from tickstory(downloaded yesterday), startet tickstory as administrator but I still have the not suitable launcher message.
Afterwards the metatrader opens but when I hit the open meta trader button again the message still appears a second time although it should not do that as it is said in the faq.
I tried it also with 2 different brokers (JFD, Leverate).

Does this matter anyway? my backtest quality is 99.99?

Thanks in advance for your help!

tickstory

Re: a suitable launcher could not be found

Post by tickstory »

Hi Nighttrader,

If your back-test quality is reporting 99.9% then it means your launch was successful. Would you have a screenshot of the error you are getting?

Thanks.
P.S. Please note that we have updated your email address to match your license details.

nighttrader

Post by nighttrader »

Hi Tickstory!
thanks for the reply....here is the screenshot....after that message mt4 opens and the backtest quality is 99.99.

btw after making the config file as described in the helpfile the commission seems to be wrong since I have 2.5€ commission per lot for the EURUSD pair (leverate broker). Which would be the right number regarding decimals to fill in?

best regards
Attachments
Screenshot.docx
(184.88 KiB) Downloaded 538 times

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Nighttrader - thanks for the screenshot. Do you consistently get that message on every launch, even when MT4 has already started? Again, since you are getting 99.9% it appears your back-tests are fine, however ideally we need to identify the cause of the launch error.

Re: Commission - it appears you need the following settings:

Comm type: 0 (Money)
Base Comm: 2.5
Comm lots: 0 (Per lot)

Please check out these threads for some other helpful info on commission if you need it:

https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... commission

Thanks.

nighttrader

Post by nighttrader »

Hi!

Even when the mt4 is open and I start it with f8 i get the message but if its just important that the quality is 99.99 everything is fine.
BTW how important is it that mt4 is opened from tickstory and is the backtest also fine when i export data when mt4 is already open?

thanks ste

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Nighttrader - it's important to launch from TIckstory to be be sure you're using the tick data correctly.
Would you be able to point us to the location of one of your MT4 installations that is giving this problem? Also, could you please give us some information about your setup - operating system and any other information that you think may be useful? We'll try to see if we can replicate the issue on our end.
Thanks!

nighttrader

Post by nighttrader »

Hi!
This is the path of my installation C:\Program Files (x86)\Leverate MetaTrader. windows 10, 2GB RAM, 2x 2GHZ Intel Core Duo.

Please let me konow if you need additional info. thanks

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Nighttrader,

We've sent you a private message - appreciate if you can respond.

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Nighttrader,

As discussed, it appears you have uninstalled a conflicting software package (Tick Data Suite) which was causing the issue. Your launch issue is now resolved.

For further information about how to export your DAX data, please consult the manual to ensure you are mapping "DEUEURIDX" to your MT4 DAX symbol. There is also answers to common questions about working with the DAX if you search the forum:

https://tickstory.com/forum/search.php?keywords=DAX

Please let us know in an appropriate thread if you continue to have issues after following the mapping steps.

Thanks.