FXT issue - No Data for testing

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
shumathu

FXT issue - No Data for testing

Post by shumathu »

Hi,

I have download data for various currencies via tickstory. Since the data was big so i downloaded data from tickstory in batches. After i downloaded EURUSD data (which was directed to \tester\history in MT4 dataa folder), i copied downloaded EURUSD FXT file to external HDD before i begin another pair. I did this process for all pairs that i downloaded.. So far it was good.

Problem started when i copied EURUSD FXT (1m..5min..15m..30m..60min) from HDD back to MT4 data folder. Whenever i start MT4 from tickstory and run tester, i get error "no data for testing"... What should i do to make it work..?

(The data folder in tickstory is same as where i copied FXT from HDD. \tester\history)

Cheers

tickstory

Re: FXT issue - No Data for testing

Post by tickstory »

Hi Shumathu,

You might want to confirm that you have copied the files to the correct location. That is, if you go to File->Open data folder in Metatrader and then browse to tester/history, this is the location for the FXT files.

It may interest you also to know that Metatrader has a "portable" mode which allows the Metatrader Program Files and Data Folder to exist in the same root location. This
means you could store all your data on your external drive. Configuring portable mode is described in the Tickstory manual and also if you search this forum for 'portable' you will find some useful information if you have any issues.

If you still have difficulty with restoring your files, please any relevant screenshots (such as your tester/history folder) to help us trouble-shoot.

Thanks.

shumathu

Post by shumathu »

Hi,

As i wrote earlier, I have copied FXT from External HDD to MT4 datafolder ==> \tester\history. If i do not move files, everything is fine. Problem start only when i move my files from \tester\history TO External HDD and put it back TO \tester\history. After i copy FXT from External HDD to \tester\history, i get error "no data for testing"...

(I do not want Portable option as i am not doing testing on demo accounts. I am running tester in my Real Account, so portable is not a good option for me.)

Cheers

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Shumathu,

You explanation is what I understood of the problem. Could you kindly provide more details/screenshots as mentioned. If the broker terminal, folder location, FXT filenames & data have not changed, there is no reason they should be rejected. Make sure also that you are marking them as 'read-only' when you copy them back, just in case this flag is lost during your copy process (highly possible, so please check this).

Thanks.