Backtest doesn't start...no errors

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
geg1700

Backtest doesn't start...no errors

Post by geg1700 »

Hi,

I updated my tickstory this morning to 1.8.9.1 and since then I am unable to get any backtests working.

I have previously had no issues with downloading data and backtesting with tickstory and I have not changed any of my settings or even used a different EA...

There are no errors in the journal tab of MT4...there are simply no trades at all. I know for a fact this is nothing to do with the EA as I have tested multiple EAs such as the MACD Sample and again the there is no progress on testing...

Not quite sure what to do here

tickstory

Re: Backtest doesn't start...no errors

Post by tickstory »

Hi Geg1700,

What we can tell you is there are no material changes that would affect your EA between Tickstory v1.8.9.0 and v1.8.9.1. The main change would of course be the MT4 terminal if that has been automatically upgraded.
The first thing to establish is whether or not you are getting 99.9%? If so, are there any messages in the Journal worthy of noting?

Thanks.