Problem with Configuration?

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
hawozo

Problem with Configuration?

Post by hawozo »

Hello! Seems like i do something wrong with the configuration. there is never an error-warning but nevertheless when i open the Metatrader 4 via Tickstory in the title is never written Metatrader 4 (avatrade in my case) with tickstory launcher.
I have the licensed version of tickstory version 1.8.8. I really tried a lot and long time to get it started.
Would be great if you can help me to solve that problem.
best regards

tickstory

Re: Problem with Configuration?

Post by tickstory »

Hi Hawozo,

Of course we can help. Could you please give some more information about your issue? Are you getting 99% back-tests? If you are referring to a notification saying "there is no official support for this feature", this is not an error. If you are getting some other message, appreciate if you can upload a screenshot along with any other useful information so we can help out!

Thanks.

hawozo

Post by hawozo »

Hi and thank you for your mail. There is no error-message. Just the "there is no official support for this feature", which I also dont see as an error :).
The problem is when i backtest I still dont have 99,9 %. I have the same as before n/a or 25 % at its best. And also I do not have a longer period to test than before, even I downloaded more in tickstory. I tried the stocks Siemens and SAP for now and its not working.

Another question:
Would the historydata disappear as soon as I have a connection with my broker?

thks and best regards!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Hawozo,

If your launcher is not reporting an issue, the most likely issue is that you have not "mapped" the Tickstory symbol to your MT4 symbol name. For example, if you are exporting "USA500IDXUSD" you will need to map it to "SP500" (or whatever it is called on your MT4 terminal). This process is described in the manual (and also within this forum if you search for "map to").

Regarding broker connections, it is recommended that you stay disconnected from your broker as there is a possibility that your historical data is backfilled and/or overwritten from your broker.

Hope this helps.