Incorrect Bars on USDJPY - Tickstory vs Live and Demo accts

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
McJone

Incorrect Bars on USDJPY - Tickstory vs Live and Demo accts

Post by McJone »

Greetings!

I have an apparent issue. Looking at 4h Bars for USDJPY for the past month or so, I'm seeing discrepancies between 2 brokers' data and Tickstory data. The brokers data is from both live and demo accounts, from what you can see they are identical. I'd expect Tickstory to reflect this, but it doesn't. The backtested tick quality for the period is 99,9%. And as expected, the results for the live/demo account varied wildly vs backtested Tickstory results. Screenshots below.

Settings are: Tickstory 1.8.8 and Mt4 build 1065 for the backtests, build 1045 for the live and demo accounts. I've updated the Demo account and bars remain the same.

Please advise.
Discrepancies below.
Live Account data
Live Account data
Demo Account data
Demo Account data
Tickstory Data
Tickstory Data

tickstory

Re: Incorrect Bars on USDJPY - Tickstory vs Live and Demo ac

Post by tickstory »

Hi McJone,

Given that FX markets are not centralized, you will not see exactly the same prices (or movements) across all brokers. Tickstory utilises Dukascopy's data which will differ from that of your broker. Similarly, if you view the data on another MT4 broker, you will have slightly difference prices and movement. If you are back-testing your EA, you will need to try ensure your strategy is not sensitive to these differences.

If relevant, you may want to check out our FAQ that discusses the limitations and points of note when back-testing:

https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... acktesting
https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... acktesting

Hope this helps.

McJone

Re: Incorrect Bars on USDJPY - Tickstory vs Live and Demo ac

Post by McJone »

Hi, thanks for the reply!
I hadn't seen those articles, thank you.