Optimization issue with 1.8.8

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
loscsaba86

Optimization issue with 1.8.8

Post by loscsaba86 »

Hi!

I tried to optimize my expert with Tickstory 1.8.8 but I have a problem. The problem is, I have results just in one sigle row from the more than 100 tests. The hole test was finished in just 40-50 seconds, this is also strange.

Everywhere stand just a "0" and just one line had real results...

Why is it?

tickstory

Re: Optimization issue with 1.8.8

Post by tickstory »

Hi Loscsaba86,

As a first note, we haven't made any changes that would affect optimizations in any of the recent versions of Tickstory. With regard to your tests, you might want to firstly try deleting your Strategy Tester cache in the <MT4 Data Folder>\tester\cache folder. The most likely reason for the quick test iteration is that the Tester is using these cached results.
Also, you might want to make sure the tester is displaying all results even if they are not profitable. To do this, right-click in the 'Optimization Results' tab and ensure that 'Skip Useless results' is unchecked.
If you continue to have issues, you might want to go back to basics and ensure that your back-tests are working ok in 'single-test' mode.

Hope this helps.

loscsaba86

Post by loscsaba86 »

Dear Tickstory!

Thank you for the quick reply!

1.: Cahce deleted: same problem
2.: "Skip useless results" is unchecked >>> same problem: 0 trade 0 profit 0 profit factor 0 drawdow everywhere etc...... ONLY one iteration gives results with real numbers....
3.: back test is working in "single-test" mode (I made it first there, but we know, that MT4-don't have tick datas, just M1 datas....That's why I need Tickstory....)

What can be the problem?

Best regards: Csaba

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Csaba,

Could you please try base-lining with the "MACD Sample" EA and ensure no date ranges are checked. Also make sure that your FXT files are less than 4GB (i.e. try testing with a smaller data set to begin with - say 1 year). Also, please make sure you get 99% modelling quality on your single-test prior to beginning the optimization.
The only times we have come across issues is when you either 1) try to go beyond resource limits of the tester or 2) the cache records are preventing a "clean" optimization run.

Hope this helps.

huangwh88

Post by huangwh88 »

Hi Csaba, did you manage to solve the issue?