EA won't load

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Longhorn67

EA won't load

Post by Longhorn67 »

I have a couple EA's I purchased from the MQL5 market. If I try to run them or optimize them, I get a journal message saying cannot load experts. No issues with ea's I've written, just these two. Any ideas why?

tickstory

Re: EA won't load

Post by tickstory »

Hi Lornhorn,

Do you have more information about the message you are getting? We have seen this before and it was a result of the EA being coded to limit testing and/or licensing issues.

Thanks.

Longhorn67

Post by Longhorn67 »

Message is as follows:

2017.03.29 16:45:16.033 Tester: cannot load Experts\Market\EA Channel Trading System
2017.03.29 16:45:16.028 cannot load 'C:\Users\Derrick\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\3857EF5CBBFE81380907B613E10B6685\MQL4\Experts\Market\EA Channel Trading System.ex4'

The message doesn't come when I put the EA in Strategy Tester but when I hit properties or start. I have optimized it on several other installations from a several different brokers and it works fine. It worked on this installation before changed it to use Tickstory. As I said before, my other EA's still work. Also, this is the demo version of the EA that I am only using for backtesting as the paid version is on my VPS.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Longhorn,

This is a MT4 Strategy Tester message and would not be related to Tickstory unless the EA has some sort of restriction with tick data. It's possible that the compiled version of the EA is no longer compatible with the MT4 terminal (are your MT4 Build versions the same on the working machines?). Have you tried contacting the vendor of the EA? Looks like something is missing and/or needs to be recompiled.

Hope this helps.

Longhorn67

Post by Longhorn67 »

All build versions are the same. I'm wondering if it has something to do with not having a connection because that's the only difference from all the other terminals. I will reach out to the vendor. Thanks.

Longhorn67

Post by Longhorn67 »

I figured out a fix. The market would not let me download the demo again even though I deleted it from the navigator window and no longer had it. I went to File->Data Folder->tester. I deleted the ea config file, closed the terminal, opened it back up via Tickstory and was allowed to download it again from the market. It is working fine now.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Longhorn,

Great to hear it's resolved. Appreciate you letting us know how you solved it!

Regards.