Metatrader can´t read exported Index data

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Danilo Doberto

Metatrader can´t read exported Index data

Post by Danilo Doberto »

Hi everybody,

i just got the pro version and I have a problem concerning the exported data.

Version:
" GKFX Meta Trader 4
Version: 4.00 Build 1045
(3 Feb 2017) "

Everything works fine when I export data of any Forex Symbol like EUR/USD. Tickstory exports the date into the correct folder, Meta Trader is able to read the data and I get 99,90% backtesting quality.
But when I try to export Index data (like DAX 30) Meta Trader can´t read the exported data. The files get exported into the correct folder but the backtesting doesn´t work at all.
I get the error "no history data ....." .
I´ve noticed that the history files from the Meta Trader database are named "DAX301" for 1 Minute Timeframe data. The files exported files from Tickstory are named "DEUIDXEUR1" for 1 Minute Timeframe data.
I don´t know if this is the reason why Meta Trader can´t find any files because I tried to change the name of the Tickstory files to "DAX301" but that doesn´t help.

Thanks for any advice!

tickstory

Re: Metatrader can´t read exported Index data

Post by tickstory »

Hi Danilo,

You will need to "map" the Tickstory symbol DEUIDXEUR to the exact symbol name as it appears in Metatrader (DAX30 or DAX301).
When you are exporting, there is a "Map to" field field which you should put this Metatrader symbol name. The process is described in more detail in the manual.

Hope this helps.

Danilo Doberto

Post by Danilo Doberto »

Thanks so far.

I followed your advice and i got the error "exchange rate cannot be calculated".
Because of this error I also followed the instructions given in this Thred:
https://tickstory.com/de/forums/topic/t ... alculated/
- my default currency is EUR and I changed the settings to EUR
- I also set the profit Calculation Mode to 1

Settings:

Now I get the following errors:

I read somewhere in the forum that the "read-only" error isn´t relevant but I still can´t backtest.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Danilo,

For the DAX, could you kindly use this method to cross-check all your settings:

https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... =809#p3663

This should be a more comprehensive check of your settings since the TickstoryEA can only acquire certain settings for FX pairs only.

After that, please let us know if this solves the issue.

Thanks.

Danilo Doberto

Post by Danilo Doberto »

It still does not work at all.
This is what the Settings from Step3 look like:

Settings I put in at Step 5:

The error I get at Step 6(Settings to Default):
Produktname: Tickstory Lite
Produktversion: 1.8.7.0
Details: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\Program Files (x86)\Tickstory Lite\Mt4.Default.mt4config" wurde verweigert.
bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
bei System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
bei System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
bei System.IO.FileInfo.CreateText()
bei (Object )
bei A.c74e42c2520aca47231cb46bb5c0c4201.c3467bde97541753bcbc700f6dc515a5e(Object )
bei A.c04870f073bec6ea8e7c5f4ad7259900f.c0ab003684971fc426c132d6801f8c187(String )
bei A.c76371e279f36b8b6c06fa8114e1bbacf.c3a30a880ec54771a4470448203ab8e21(Object , EventArgs )
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Result:

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Danilo,

If you would like to save the settings as Default, you will need to run Tickstory as administrator (since the defaults are stored in the application folder). Otherwise, you can 'Save As' and subsequently 'Load'.

Regarding your settings, I can see from your screenshot that you have exported (mapped) as 'DAX' but your MT4 symbol name appears to be 'DAX30'.
I can't see the full error that is occurring, but if you continue to have the error after fixing the above-mentioned, please let us know the full message so we can help further (NB: The message with the exclamation mark is a warning, not an error, and the system will continue. The red mark, however is an error).

Thanks.

Danilo Doberto

Post by Danilo Doberto »

Yes, sorry forgot the "30".
Now backtesting works.
The modelling quality is still n/a but I think the Quality of modelling is good because of the number of ticks and the 0 Errors right?

Run as Administrator also worked.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Danilo,

That's good news, but please use the 'Launch' button to ensure you get 99.9% modelling quality as this will confirm.

Thanks.

Danilo Doberto

Post by Danilo Doberto »

Ok, I´ll do that.

Thanks again for the quick and very helpful answers.

One last question:
What about commodities and stocks?
Do I have to follow the steps again and save the settings or does it work without it?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Danilo - you're welcome. When using stocks and commodities, it is recommended to use the same method to get the correct values. Unfortunately MQL doesn't allow to get all the specific parameters for stocks/commodities and therefore there are some assumed settings which are based on FX pairs.
We're working on a way to simplify the process but for the moment, please use the described steps.

Kind regards.