Tick modelling quality low on MT4

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
FXtester

Tick modelling quality low on MT4

Post by FXtester »

Hi,

I have Tickstory and MT4 set up correctly. I started using the software yesterday and I was getting 99.9% modelling quality tick data on my MT4 back testing.

Today I am downloading new Tick data for various FX pairs to the same external drive and I'm using the same MT4 platform (launched through TickStory).

The size of the files looks the same as yesterday's downloaded files. However, data is missing. I am asking for 2 years of data and only getting a few months of data even though the download status has the dates correct and the Status as "Export complete" and there are no error log messages on Tickstory.

I am not getting mismatched errors but I am getting only a 70% quality data - see here https://www.screencast.com/t/1TYas5cJ

I'm lost as to what to try now. I've deleted the data files, re-downloaded them again, closed down and re-opened Tickstory and the MT4 platform.

Any ideas please?

tickstory

Re: Tick modelling quality low on MT4

Post by tickstory »

Hi FXTester,

It looks like you are not using your exported Tickstory data correctly since this will result in 99.9% modelling quality. Anything other result is indicative that the Metatrader is using some other data. This could be due to a couple of things such as:

1) You exported your data to the incorrect Metatrader data folder. If you are using "portable" mode, make sure that you have selected this folder in Tickstory's File->Settings->MT4 Settings->MT4 Data folder. This should match the same folder as when you select File->Open Data Folder in Metatrader.

2) You have not "mapped" your Tickstory symbol to the correct Metatrader symbol. For example, if you are testing with "EURUSD" and your MT4 symbol is called "EURUSDm", then you will need to specify this mapping during the export process. You can consult the manual for further details on how to do this.

If you are still having issues, appreciate if you can post some more details such as your Metatrader Data Folder contents, your Tickstory MT4 settings and some screenshots of your MT4 terminal including Strategy Tester and anything else that may be relevant.

Thanks!

FXtester

Post by FXtester »

Hi,

Thanks for your helpful reply. In the end I have deleted everything and started again - putting the MT4 platform and Tickstory onto my c:drive rather than to an external drive and now everything is back working again.

Due to the size of the download files, it would be good if I could save all of the tick data to my external drive and work from there but for now, as it's working from the computers hard drive, I'll make do with the way it is now.

Thanks again.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi FXTester,

Check out this post on some instructions on how to set up 'portable' mode in Metatrader (and Tickstory). Metatrader's 'portable' mode allows you to store your data and application files in the same folder. You will also need to configure Tickstory with the "portable" switch when launching:

https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... able#p4656

Hope this helps.