how to add symbol for backtests to pulldownmenue

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
ramsay09

how to add symbol for backtests to pulldownmenue

Post by ramsay09 »

Hello,
I have mt4 built 1045, tickstory 1.8.7.0 installed, the download of tickdata was working (the path is like : 7AA...9CD - tester- history - DEUIDXEUR15_0.fxt) and starting mt4 by tickstory also was working but there is no symbol DEUIDXEUR to start backtesting with the downloaded history. Everything was working as shown in the video but how to add the required symbol to the mt4's symbol pulldownmenue? What is missing?

tickstory

Re: how to add symbol for backtests to pulldownmenue

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ramsay09,

You need to map the Tickstory/Dukascopy symbol (DEUEURIDX) to the MT4 symbol (eg. DAX30). The process is called "mapping" and is described in the manual and also if you do a search of this forum for "map to".

Regards.

ramsay09

Post by ramsay09 »

Hi,

yes, i have forgot to map the symbol. Everything was working fine for the EURUSD. The backtest results are different to the backtests with history data provided by mt4 but I think that is because of the higher resolution of tickstory data (ticks instead of 1M data), right?

Backtests with DAX30 (DEUIDXEUR) are also working but only on "open price" and "control points". I get no results on "every tick". There is some calculation and it takes some time but there are no results. Why?
The another thing is that I am quite unsure about the Metatrader info configuration. For e. g. in case the DAX (AxiTrader DAX30.fs = 11640.50) is below 10000 the digit is digit = 6 in case above 10000 digit = 7 and there is 1 Tick = 0.50 does that mean the spread is 50 = 5 pips because of spread = 0.50 which is a half point? Couldn't you provide more detaild info as you provide in one of your postings.

regards
ramsay09

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ramsay09,

Yes, your results are going to be different when testing with tick data. Please check out this question in our FAQ for more: https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... difference.

Regarding your results, first of all please ensure you have gotten all the correct MT4 settings for your symbol. For the DAX, you should use this method to get all the settings: https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=809. We do not document these settings as they are MT4-specific and as long as you have the same settings as your broker, you should not need to change anything.

If you are still having difficulties getting your EA to trade, please check out our general FAQ on this topic that may assist:

https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... nottrading

Thanks.