1.8.6 Optimization problem

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
lifon

1.8.6 Optimization problem

Post by lifon »

I have some strange optimization problem if I use 1.8.6 data. Only one pass includes trades. Other passes have 0 trades. This is new strategy. In test works OK.

I tried old strategy optimized on 1.8.5 data without problem. But on 1.8.6 data is the same problem. If I use again 1.8.5 data optimization is OK.

I maybe reinstall Tickstory to 1.8.5 version and generate data again.

Is any possibility to show strategy journal in during optimization?

My strategies use object oriented coding.

Thanks

tickstory

Re: 1.8.6 Optimization problem

Post by tickstory »

Hi Lifon,

There were no changes made in Tickstory between v1.8.5 and v1.8.6 that should be affecting your optimizations. Are you using the same version of Metatrader for your tests? What else is changing between your two tests? You might also want to clear your cache (located in <MT4 DataFolder>/tester/caches) just in case this is causing a problem.

Hope this helps.

lifon

Post by lifon »

tickstory wrote:Hi Lifon,

There were no changes made in Tickstory between v1.8.5 and v1.8.6 that should be affecting your optimizations. Are you using the same version of Metatrader for your tests? What else is changing between your two tests? You might also want to clear your cache (located in <MT4 DataFolder>/tester/caches) just in case this is causing a problem.

Hope this helps.
I use two MT4 - builds 1031 and 1045 on both computers. I have deleted files in tester/caches. But it doesn't help.

Is any possibility to show strategy journal during optimization?

lifon

Post by lifon »

I made full new 1.8.5 instalation and new data. But it didn't help.

Optimization is OK only on USD/JPY 1.8.5.

On EUR/USD is problem.

It looks as a MT4 problem.

lifon

Post by lifon »

If I use "platform" data optimization is OK!!!

lifon

Post by lifon »

I created 1.8.7 data for majors.

I checked optimization on MT4 build 1031. Results:
- AUD/USD, NZD/USD. USD/CAD, USD/CHF, USD/JPY OK
- EUR/USD, EUR/JPY, GBP/USD BAD

I updated MT4 to build 1045, deleted tester caches and checked optimization. Results:
- AUD/USD OK
- EUR/USD BAD

Please help. I need to optimize.

lifon

Post by lifon »

I found it. Pairs with bad result had FXT file greater than 4 GB. MT4 didn't get any warning. Tickstory should get warning if create file grater than 4 GB.

Is any possibility to create several (smaler than 4GB)l FXT files for lrger time period? Will MT4 use these?

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Lifon,

Thanks for letting us know how you resolved it and your suggestion to raise a warning for large FXT files. We have added an item to our backlog to see what is the best way of doing this.

If you wish to break up your back-test periods, this can possibly be handled by having terminals that deal with a specific date ranges (terminal 1 is 2012-2014, terminal 2 is 2015-2016). This will also lend itself to having an out-of-sample period when doing your optimizations.

Tickstory also provides a "filter duplicate ticks" feature which allows you to remove consecutive ticks where the price is unchanged. This will reduce the size of the FXT file and allow you to test a longer date range, assuming your EA is not sensitive to such a change.

Regards.

vertical777

Post by vertical777 »

Translated:

I use the version licensed version TS 1.8.7 Download MT4 historical data and easily optimize day or two, but after that period MT4 does the same, but when you start pumping has historical data from MT4, though included TS. I tried to clean TS special utility of obsolete files and other debris - the result of the former, does not help. Reloads TS, MT4 and PC-nothing helps. What's the matter? Help advice, please. This problem was and the old version 1.8.6

Original:
Использую версию лицензированную версию TS 1.8.7 Скачиваю исторические данные и МТ4 без проблем оптимизирует сутки-двое, а после этого периода МТ4 делает то же самое, но при старте уже закачивая исторические данные с МТ4, хотя включен TS. Пробовал очищать TS специальной утилитой от устаревших файлов и прочего мусора - результат прежний, не помогает. Перезагружал TS и МТ4 и РС- ничего не помогает. В чем дело? Помогите советом, пожалуйста. Эта проблема была и со старой версией 1.8.6

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hello, if you are referring to cached results, please move (or delete) the contents of the MT4 optimizer cache folder in <MT4 Data Folder>\tester\caches. This should ensure the optimizer does a fresh test.
Thanks.

Russian:
Здравствуйте, если вы имеете в виду кэшированных результатов, пожалуйста, переместить (или удалить) содержимое папки кэша оптимизатор MT4 в <MT4 Data Folder>\tester\caches. Это должно обеспечить оптимизатор делает свежий тест.
Благодарю.