Metatrader 4 Installation invalid/not found

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
StyriaTrading

Metatrader 4 Installation invalid/not found

Post by StyriaTrading »

Hello,

I want to give the path of the MT4 Installation in the Settings of Tickstory, but it is not accepted by Tickstory.

I also have already started Metatrader 4. Do you know, what is the correct path?

I typed in the path in AppData and the Terminalnumber directory.

tickstory

Re: Metatrader 4 Installation invalid/not found

Post by tickstory »

Hi StryiaTrading,

If you are getting this error, please check the following:

1) That you are selecting the installation folder of Metatrader (i.e. it is usually something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Metatrader).
2) That you have started Metatrader once and allowed it to connect to your broker (that is, you need to log in successfully). This allows MT4 to download important files from the server (such as the symbols your MT4 supports).
3) If you are using a portable installation, ensure you have correctly started up MT4 in "portable" mode (see these thread for more details: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=919).

If you continue to have issues, appreciate if you can give us a screenshot of:

1) Your Tickstory File->Settings->MT4 Settings (along with the folder you are trying to select)
2) Your MT4 File->Open Data Folder and;
  • * the contents of "origin.txt" in that folder.
    * the folder contents of <DataFolder>/history/<Your Server Servername> (there should be a symbols.sel file in here, otherwise Tickstory you have not completed step 2 above fully).
Once you have provided with the necessary trouble-shooting details, you can use the following workaround to edit the config file directly by:

1) Quitting all running instances of Tickstory.
2) Open an explorer window and browse to C:\Users\(YourUsername)\AppData\Roaming\Tickstory\Tickstory Lite
3) Make a backup copy of the TickstoryLite.config file just in case (Select it, CTRL-C, CTRL-V).
3) Text edit the file TickstoryLite.config
4) In a text editor (such as Notepad), modify the "Mt4Settings" XML information so it looks similar the following (i.e. fill in the Mt4InstallDir and BaseDataDir details to match your own configuration):

Code: Select all

<Mt4Settings Mt4InstallDir="C:\Program Files (x86)\Metatrader 4"
        ServerName="MetaQuotes-Demo" BaseDataDir="C:\Users\(YourName)\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\50CA3DFB510CC5A8F28B48D1BF2A5702"
        LaunchCmdLineArgs="" />
Thanks.

StyriaTrading

Post by StyriaTrading »

Thank you! Solved.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Excellent news! If you have any other information other than the above, please let us know!

wdwysong

Post by wdwysong »

I'm having the same problem. I changed the config file, but that didn't help. It "appeared" to fix the issue at first, but then I received a similar message about the installation directory. Any other ideas? Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Wdwysong,

Does this issue relate to your original message here: https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1483 or is this a different issue? If it's different, could you please post a screenshot of your Tickstory MT4 Settings, the contents of your Program Files directory and the error message you are getting.

Thanks.

lifeform

Post by lifeform »

hello,
i install tickstory last version. the version is 1.97
and i have the same problem with TS. however i cannot find this is my pc C:\Users\(YourUsername)\AppData\Roaming\Tickstory\Tickstory Lite
what can i do to solved this?
my operationg system is win 10

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Lifeform,

Usually the file would be located under that specific folder. If you have some other type of configuration, you might want to check for it under one of the subdirectories residing under C:\Users\(YourUsername)\AppData\[Local|Roaming|etc]\Tickstory\Tickstory Lite.

Thanks.