Symbol properties not exported to MT4

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
nice1

Symbol properties not exported to MT4

Post by nice1 »

I've recently purchased Tickstory but having trouble exporting symbol properties to MT4.

I can successfully create a mt4config file for my broker (ic markets), and I load it into the Metatrader Info tab of Tickstory when exporting to MT4, but the symbol properties are not subsequently used in MT4, even though I launch MT4 via Tickstory.

Are there any troubleshooting tips for resolving this issue?

Thanks

tickstory

Re: Symbol properties not exported to MT4

Post by tickstory »

Hi Nice,

Do you have further information about which settings are not coming out as you expect and how you are checking them?
If you are using an instrument other than the major FX pairs, we recommend you use this method since the TickstoryExpert EA does not acquire full information for those pairs:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=809

Hope this helps.

nice1

Post by nice1 »

It appears that none of the account or symbol properties exported by Tickstory are used by MT4, including Margin ccy, symbol Digits, Swap short, Swap long and others.

I'm using a non-broker-specific MT4 platform as recommended by the Tickstory user guide, and I'm not logged into a trading accout. (When MT4 is launched from Tickstory I cancel the "Open an Account" window.)

See attached screenshots of initial steps. (I've already downloaded USDCHF data in tickstory for the last several months.)
MT4 settings in Tickstory
MT4 settings in Tickstory
Export to MT4 - Data export tab
Export to MT4 - Data export tab
Export to MT4 - Metatrader info tab
Export to MT4 - Metatrader info tab
The 3rd screenshot above shows the account and symbol settings I want to export to MT4.

I'll upload the Mt4 screenshots in the next post.

nice1

Post by nice1 »

(Continued from previous post)
MT4 as launched from Tickstory
MT4 as launched from Tickstory
Account and symbol properties in MT4
Account and symbol properties in MT4
Notice how the account & symbol properties in the above screenshot are different to those I attempted to export (as shown in the 3rd screenshot in the previous post).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks ...

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Nice,

Thanks for the screenshots. I'm not sure why you are getting different values like that unless you have run the EA on a different terminal than what you're testing on? To minimise further trouble-shooting around this area, could you please check out the previously mentioned post here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=809

If you run through the steps on your broker, this will allow you to compare and acquire the "raw" MT4 settings from the FXT file. You can also subsequently save the copied settings into a .mt4config file.

Please let us know how you go.

Thanks.

nice1

Post by nice1 »

Actually, further testing suggests that the exported properties *are* being used in the backtests, but they're not displayed in the MT4 contract specification window (opened via the Symbol Properties button in the strategy tester). Does that make sense?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Nice,

That is expected. The specification of MT4 Settings in the FXT file are purely for back-testing and do not affect other parts of the MT4 terminal trading terminal.
The important part is of course that you have the correct settings to perform your back-tests.

Regards.