No result in backtesting

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
majamivice

No result in backtesting

Post by majamivice »

When I run backtest I get no result.
Attachments
Skärmklipp.PNG

tickstory

Re: No result in backtesting

Post by tickstory »

Hi Majamivice,

Have you firstly tried back-testing with "MACD Sample" to make sure you are getting some results? If you are testing with your own EA, you will need to refer to the Strategy Tester "Journal" tab to perhaps get further information about what your EA is doing (and why it isn't trading).

A similar thread on this topic is here: viewtopic.php?f=2&p=6039.

Hope this helps.

majamivice

Post by majamivice »

Hi. Here is my Journal screenshot. I see fxt. file is "read only" if it has something to do with the problem.
Attachments
Skärmklipp.PNG

majamivice

Post by majamivice »

And yes, with MACD sample is working. But I have tested with the same EA earlier and it wasn't any problem.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Majamivice,

The message saying the FXT is read-only is normal and not a problem.
Can you please double-check your "MT4 Settings" match that of your broker? You can use this method to compare your settings with your broker:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=809

If your settings are the same, then the next step will be to tweak your parameters to understand which ones are causing it not to trade.

Hope this helps.

majamivice

Post by majamivice »

Hi.
When I checked setting and saved as default I got this error:
Product name: Tickstory Lite
Product version: 1.8.5.0
Details:
Åtkomst till sökvägen C:\Program Files (x86)\Tickstory\Mt4.Default.mt4config nekas.
vid System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
vid System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
vid System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
vid System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
vid System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
vid System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
vid System.IO.FileInfo.CreateText()
vid (Object )
vid A.c74e42c2520aca47231cb46bb5c0c4201.c3467bde97541753bcbc700f6dc515a5e(Object )
vid A.c04870f073bec6ea8e7c5f4ad7259900f.c0ab003684971fc426c132d6801f8c187(String )
vid A.c76371e279f36b8b6c06fa8114e1bbacf.c3a30a880ec54771a4470448203ab8e21(Object , EventArgs )
vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
vid System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
vid System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
vid System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
vid System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Majamivice,

Please start up Tickstory in Administrator mode and try again. The error relates to Windows access rights.

Thanks.

majamivice

Post by majamivice »

It was the same in Administrator mode. But I have installed Tickstory in another MT4 terminal and it works now. But I have problem with very large files. Is there any way to delete old files to make space on C drive for new ones?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Majamivice,

You can delete old/unused FXT files which are located in the <MT4 Data Folder>/tester/history directory to free some space.

Regards.

majamivice

Post by majamivice »

Ok tack.