MT4 Backtest Bug in v 1.8.5

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
tickstory

Re: MT4 Backtest Bug in v 1.8.5

Post by tickstory »

Hi Dignitas123,

As you may appreciate, we don't assist with EA trouble-shooting/issues unless it relates to a bug in our software. For your error, you will need to refer to "Order send error 134" which is detailed in the Metatrader manual or you can do this search for some useful help:

https://www.google.com?q=mt4+ordersend+error+134

Kind regards.

dignitas123

Post by dignitas123 »

I have to answer myself here. When I put lower risk the error doesn't show. However it is weird, that with broker's data it works normal. So.. Not that big of a deal ;)

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Digitas123,

It is quite possible that your EA's trading profile is different with the tick data back-test and hence the margin call. That's the advantage of testing the chinks in your EA's armour with a tick-data back-test ;) Sounds like it's worthwhile running a few scenarios & different periods to ensure your EA is handling various market conditions gracefully.

Regards.

dignitas123

Post by dignitas123 »

Actually the EA doesn't get a margin call, I had to code a mutex around my main execution logic in the EA to make it work. This thread helped me, if anyone experiences the same problem where your "Tester incorrectly generates error 134":
https://forum.mql4.com/35056

I can test the armour of my bot finally and the right mix between back and forward testing, there is a lot to do.... ;D

Thanks for helping me with the issue.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

You're welcome, Digitas. Thanks for info!