Problem with portable installation

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Daniel222

Problem with portable installation

Post by Daniel222 »

Hey. I already read the topic viewtopic.php?f=2&t=919

I did:
Install a fresh copy of MT4 to your external drive. Do NOT yet start the application until instructed in the following steps.
- With the MT4 short-cut/start up icon, right-click and go to Properties. In the "Target" box, add "/portable" to the end of the command. For example, the full text should look something like:

"E:\MetaTrader 4\terminal.exe" /portable

- Use the short-cut to start MT4.
Once you have established your MT4 is working correctly in portable mode, you need to configure Tickstory:

- Go to File->Settings->MT4 Settings and select the MT4 Installation folder.

----------
The portable installation was successful. (with /portable / skipupdate) . the problem is now when I select in tick story the mt4 installation file it says : Invalid location... This does not appear to be a valid mt4 direction .. ... I ve already run mt4 several times. and it is the right folder

in my command line args : /skipupdate /portable

Please help me. I already lost some days in my time plan

tickstory

Re: Problem with portable installation

Post by tickstory »

Hi Daniel222,

If you want to avoid going through our trouble-shooting steps, please do the following:

1) Quit all running instances of Tickstory.
2) Open an explorer window and browse to C:\Users\(YourUsername)\AppData\Roaming\Tickstory\Tickstory Lite
3) Text edit the file TickstoryLite.config
4) In a text editor (such as Notepad), modify the "Mt4Settings" XML information so it looks similar the following:

Code: Select all

<Mt4Settings Mt4InstallDir="E:\Metatrader 4"
        ServerName="MetaQuotes-Demo" BaseDataDir="E:\Metatrader 4"
        LaunchCmdLineArgs="/portable /skipupdate" /> 
This should forcefully select your MT4 Installation & Data folder. Please note, however, that the error you mention typically denotes that important files are missing and/or an incorrect configuration possibiy exists.
If you are continuing to have issues, we'll need to do some further trouble-shooting.

Hope this resolves your issue.

Daniel222

Post by Daniel222 »

thanks tickstory support !! This worked for me :)

Now I have another problem ... I did backtests on AUDCAN and it workes. When I want to test something in EURCHF it does nothing .... and after a lot of time then it shows all trades at once and modeling quality is n/a. (Yes, I did launch it via tick story launcher !! ) I can't test an EA from the store because it does not open a single trade .... i really dont get it.... some hours ago it worked fine and now even on AUDCAN it does not backtest correct...

Daniel222

Post by Daniel222 »

in the journal are no errors except : Testgenerator: file ..... .fxt is read only
and TestGenerator : symbol EURCHF period 5 model 0 from 2003.08.03 to 2016.09.21

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Daniel,

Good to hear the first problem is fixed.
The fact that you are getting "n/a" modelling quality typically means that MT4 is not reading the data files. In the first instance, could you please go through our trouble-shooting check-list under the question "My MT4 back-test reports that the modeling quality is "N/A"" here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=613

The only other extra check to add here is going to File->Open Data Folder in MT4 and make sure your data directory is actually in E:\Metatrader 4 and that the relevant FXT files have been correctly exported to that folder.

Please let us know how you go.

Daniel222

Post by Daniel222 »

ok.... I will just try to reinstall everything and redo everything again.

Question: Is it possible to let tickstory export the data to mt4 from the already downloaded .bi5 files in the ducaskopy data folder? I don't want to download the data again .. because they actually just have to be exported to mt4. how is this possible? please in detail because I already tried but it didn't work. Thank you very much tick story support. The small full license fee was a good investment :)

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your nice feedback. Regarding the .bi5 files, Tickstory only downloads this data once into the nominated "Dukascopy store folder". Once there, it does not retrieve the data again from the web (unless something is missing). If you are reinstalling Tickstory, just re-select the same Dukascopy as before (it defaults to a folder in 'C:\Users\(yourusername)\AppData\Roaming\Tickstory\Tickstory Lite\Data" ).

Hope this helps.