Error at Backtesting - After 1 Signal MT4 stopps

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Bolu14

Error at Backtesting - After 1 Signal MT4 stopps

Post by Bolu14 »

Hello,

i use Tickstory 1.8.1.0 and MT4 Build 971

After i download the German 30 Data i start Backtesting from Tickstory (Open MT4 over Tickstory).

My problem is, if i start the backtesting, it stopps after the first generated signal. If i do this with the Data which i get together with the MT4 (for shorter Timerange) there it runs without problems.

I mean, at the Data which i download with Tickstory is a problem.

I will explain, how i did make the download:

1. I start Tickstory (Paid version but in About there is written Tickstory Lite - i don`t know why)
2. I choose DEUIDXEUR for Dax30 German Index
3. I make a rightclick on it an choose "Export to MT4"
4. At the Window "Export to MT4" in Section "Data export" i choose "last 2 years"
- File Format "Build 545+"
- Check the boxes for "Generate HST Files", "Make FXT read-only" and "Overwrite existing files" other three are unchecked
- Time shift UTC +01:00
- MT4 Output i choose my MT4 Installation Directory, Servername and HST and FXT Directory.
5. At the Section "Metatrader Info" i only change Margin ccy to EUR and at Symbol Properties i write GER30 to the field "Map to". Base cur i change to EUR.
The other things i never change.
After i quit this with clicking to Enter, the download starts.

Later in MT4 in Historical Data, i can see the Data for 2 Years, there is no problem. But later, as i try to backtest an EA, the problem occurs, that the Testing stopps after the first Signal.

Where is the Problem?

I try for a long time to solve this problem, but i cant run the tests.

Please try to help me.

Thanks.

Bolu14

Re: Error at Backtesting - After 1 Signal MT4 stopps

Post by Bolu14 »

Hello,

i have solve the Problem. In Tickstory Download i had a "0" at P.Calc.Mode. So i change it to a 1 for CFD.

But now i have a other problem. I want to download the Data into MT4 without any properties. Where will the properties stored?
If i change the properties and make then a download, i get different resultes in MT4 at backtesting.

Will these informations stored in the .hst files?
If i download without create the .hst file, will MT4 build this himself?

tickstory

Re: Error at Backtesting - After 1 Signal MT4 stopps

Post by tickstory »

Hi Bolu,

The MT4 Settings such as "Profit Calc mode" are stored in the FXT file which also contains all the tick data used for the back-test. Typically the Strategy Tester creates this FXT file from the HST charting data (1-minute, Daily, etc) but of course if you choose this method then you wont be testing with tick data.

Hope this answers your question.