Spread is zero

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
pabluru

Spread is zero

Post by pabluru »

The historic gbpusd with 20of spread, but when I test makes me the test with 0 spread.

tickstory

Re: Spread is zero

Post by tickstory »

Hi Pabluru,

Please check out our release notes for Tickstory v1.7.4. which describes a workaround for working with a spread issue in MT4 Build 950:

https://tickstory.com/articles/tickstor ... -released/

Regards.

pabluru

Post by pabluru »

Ok, Thanks and works well.
This problem is fixed for other versions?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Pabluru,

Good to hear it working. The issue affects Builds 920-950 (950 being the last build that was released).

Regards.

SzabolcsTrader

Spread is zero

Post by SzabolcsTrader »

Dear tickstory,

In build 950, the spread doesn't seem to be shown. I have tried a solution you offered (start the backtest with control points and then stop it and restart it with tick modelling method) but still does not seem to work. Could I see the spread in the mt4 during the test, or just when the test is done? Every settings is set right in the mt4 for the spread to be shown, but still cannot see it. Could you offer any other solution, I'd be very grateful.

Thank you and regards,
Szabolcs

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Szabolcs,

I assume you've explicitly set the spread in the Strategy Tester 'spread' box? Make sure it is not set to 'Current' and instead set to a specific value. Do you see the correc the spread showing when you back-test in 'Control points' mode? If not, how are you verifying the spread value?

Thanks.