n/a data quality with FXCM

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Gliderguider

n/a data quality with FXCM

Post by Gliderguider »

Hi all,

I purchased Tickstory a while ago, and am yet to trust the results I am getting.

I am using FXCM as my broker, and I've followed all the guides to get set up properly. I also used the EA that creates the config file, yet I still can't get the elusive 99.9% data quality.

Please help

Thanks

Andy

tickstory

Re: n/a data quality with FXCM

Post by tickstory »

Hi Andy,

Here is the definitive list of trouble-shooting steps to go through to ensure you get 99.9% modelling quality:

https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... ng_quality

If you are continuing to have some issues, please give us some screenshots of:

1) The MT4 Strategy Tester 'Settings', 'Report' and 'Journal' tabs.
2) Your Tickstory MT4 Export settings (the 'MT4 Settings' tab).

Please also confirm your MT4 Build number (Help->About) and Tickstory version (Help->About). Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of Tickstory (we've resent your download link in case you need it).

Thanks.

Gliderguider

Post by Gliderguider »

Thanks for the quick response.

I am using Tickstory 1.8.9.1 and MT4 Build 1090.

Attached are the screenshots requested. (The Journal is in 2 shots showing the beginning and the end of the journal.)
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_3.png

Gliderguider

Post by Gliderguider »

Continued....
Screenshot_4.png
Screenshot_5.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Andy,

Thank you for the screenshots. It appears that your MT4 is not using your tick data export because:

1) You have not exported data to the correct MT4 data folder. Please confirm that your Tickstory setting in File->Settings->MT4 Settings->MT4 Data Folder matches the same directory when you select File->Open Data Folder in MT4.
2) You have not launched MT4 via Tickstory (make sure you press the 'Launch' button in Tickstory).

If you continue to have issues, appreciate if you can send a screenshot of the <MT4 Data Folder>/tester/history folder. In this folder, you should see a series of EURJPY*.fxt files which are written by Tickstory. They should all be exactly the same size. If not, Point #1 above applies, so please check this again.

Thanks.

Gliderguider

Post by Gliderguider »

Screenshot_6.png
Screenshot_7.png
I have checked, and the history location is correct.

Thanks

Andy

Gliderguider

Post by Gliderguider »

Screenshot_8.png

Gliderguider

Post by Gliderguider »

Ok... I'd 'unchecked' the make FXT read only.... re-checked it, and i'm now getting the 99.9% quality.

My problem now is that my EA isn't taking trades, whereas it was previously! Arghhhhh!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Gliderguider,

Good to hear the back-test is working. Yes, please leave the 'read-only' checkbox checked.
With regards to your EA not trading, please check out our FAQ on this topic that should help:

https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... nottrading

Hope this helps!