Can't activate tickstory

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
S.Schreiber90

Can't activate tickstory

Post by S.Schreiber90 »

Hi !

i bought a new license a few weekys ago. Today i wanted to work with tickstory, opened it, but can't activate it. And it seems to be only the light version .... :?
Can't enter the tickstory key anywhere.

Did i something wrong? :cry:

Thanks for your support.

Simon!
Attachments
Tickstory_01.jpg
Tickstory_02.jpg
Tickstory_03.jpg

tickstory

Re: Can't activate tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Simon,

Please check the email you received with your purchase. It contains your license key and a link to the registered version of the software. If you click on the download link and install this version, you will be prompted for your activation key.

Thanks.

S.Schreiber90

Post by S.Schreiber90 »

Ok nice this worked. Thanks.

Now it seems to be activated and professional edition.

The next "problem" is, a started to download EURUSD from 01 01 2008 - today. The professional version is presented with "Fastest
(Optimized Multi-threaded, Unlimited downloads)" -> I have an 200 Mbits internet connection an this takes over hours !! Where can i see an download speed oder something?!

Thanks and have a nice day.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Simon,

Technically speaking, the tick data is segmented by hour, this means that multiple HTTP connections need to be made for each day's worth of data (and each request can take a ~50-100 milliseconds to initiate). Simply speaking, your internet download speed is not the only metric that determines download speed. That said, you are going to get the most optimal download speed as permitted by the servers. In addition, once the downloads have been cached to disk, subsequent downloads will be much faster.

Thanks.