I can't download anything, please help!

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Braddy20

I can't download anything, please help!

Post by Braddy20 »

hello, im new to tickstory and it seems i cant download any data. I tried to download a week or a year data for EURUSD but it always returned an error log instantly. I tried to read your FAQ page but found no explanation :cry:

this is the error screenshot:

i do not change any settings, but here's my settings in case you want to see:

please help!

Braddy20

Re: I can't download anything, please help!

Post by Braddy20 »

Hi Brady,

Please note that only community-based support is available for the free version. Users can get more responsive answers by purchasing a license. Do note that your issue seems related to internet connection so not sure if we can resolve this for you.

Thanks.
hello admin. i have read your PM but i cannot reply back so i will just post it here.

the issue is NOT related to internet connection. im 100% sure of this because i tried to download again and again and it always says error instantly like the above screenshot. At the same time of course I try to check my internet connection by browsing around in firefox and chrome and I can confirm my internet connection works just fine so im pretty sure it is not because of my internet connection.

also, i do not want to spend money if it does not work. what's your guarantee that the paid version would not have the same issue?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Brady,

It appears that the download process has completed even though you appear to be getting these errors. Error messages like this usually occur when the requests are timing out. This can be due to too many downloads going on at the same time or an attempt to download too many instruments at once (etc). Web browsers will not typically reveal these types of timeout errors. Tickstory does also retry to download the data as indicated in the error message. If it manages to eventually successfully complete the download process, it will mean that this data does not need to be downloaded again and that you can safely export this period of data.

I would also try the "Test" button on the Dukascopy settings screen as this will at least establish that your basic connection is working. If you're still getting errors, it may be worthwhile trying to swap internet connections (such as Phone Hotspot, work connection, etc) to see if this alleviates the issue.

Hope this helps.

Braddy20

Post by Braddy20 »

hi admin,

first of all the "Test" button in dukascopy setting works. it says "succesful"

secondly, it still does not solve the issue. When I said "instantly", i really meant it literally. like was 0.1 second instantly "completed" after the error logs, it does not make sense to complete a download in 0.1 second. I have tried to follow your suggestion. I tried to export the "downloaded data" to a file, and there's .bi5 data but only 1KB, I dont think a month data is just 1KB, especially when I see this kind of log message when I tried to export:

Time Message
22-02-2016 19:24 Error occurred processing file D:\Data dukascopy\EURUSD\2016\00\22\00h_ticks.bi5. Attempting redownload.

even though in the Status message it says "Export complete" but i doubt the whole data is just 1KB for a month...also, it supposed to be in CSV, right? but I can only find .bi5 in file explorer

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Brady,

What date range are you downloading that completes in a fraction of a second? Have you at least tried to "Show data" to see if the information is there?

Thanks.