How can i transfer the licence to another computer?

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
tickstory

Re: How can i transfer the licence to another computer?

Post by tickstory »

Hi GianniSarti,

Of course we can help. Do note however that your subscription has expired and you are therefore no longer eligible for priority support. If you wish to have a priority support, you can renew your subscription by going to Help->About in Tickstory and clicking the Renew button.

Once you have done that, you can you please send us through the last 4 characters of your "Support ID" on the machine you wish to keep. This ID also shown in the Help->About or License menu.

Thanks.

GianniSarti

Post by GianniSarti »

Hello, thank you for your reply.
In the meantime, the computer with the second licence, a computer identical to the first one, has also been serviced; so both computers where I was using Tickstory have been permanently replaced by new machines.
So now I have to transfer both Tickstory licences to the new PCs.

I no longer have an active Tickstory so I will not renew the subscription for priority support this time.

I am waiting for you to delete the current registrations on the two old computers.

Thanks for the help!

Gianni

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Gianni,

You should be able to use a license for another PC. If you require additional assistance, please consider renewing your subscription. As part of your subscription, we can ensure you get a priority response amongst other benefits.

Thanks.

GianniSarti

Post by GianniSarti »

Thank you,
I will proceed with the change of licences.
I have to say that I expected it to be easier and quicker to move a licence between different computers in case of need; as is the case with almost all subscription services and software I use, it is usually left up to the user to perform the operation on their own to allow them to take advantage of something they have already paid for. Anyway, I appreciate the help and thank you for your support.

One question: what are the technical times to get support, in the case of an active subscription and in the case of no active subscription?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi GianniSarti,

We try to manage a very generous licensing system (including allowing 2 activations for the 1 license) so a majority of our users don't come across any need to engage us. Note that our licenses do not "float" which means that if you want to use it actively on different machines, you will need to purchase additional licenses accordingly. In your case, we can see there have been at least 3 different machines which has caused the system to require intervention. As you can appreciate, this is to protect against potential abuse. In cases where you need do an ad-hoc to re-install/adjust your licenses, we can assist however it does come under the banner of technical support. Providing good support does come at a time cost for us, so we need to pass this on. I hope this explains.

As far as the support terms, we give priority responses to all our subscribers. Typical response times are within 24 hours during business days.
For those without a subscription, we have no obligation to respond, however historically we have generously done so in a "best case" basis as our time allows and also to demonstrate our commitment to all our users. Given that we do this for free, we do not give any expected response times.

Your licenses have been cleared so please continue to install on your new machine.

Thanks.

Chrisbreizh

Post by Chrisbreizh »

Hi @tickstory
I deleted the software from one computer and installed it o. Another and it does not want to activate. I have another computer already using it and its fine. The second computer was ok but now after having deleted it from that second computer and installer it on another computer that license does not work. Is it possible to deactivate from that second computer? Last digits of the license are JMH5. Thanks.

The support ID on the machine i want to keep it on is 046B last 4 digits
Last edited by Chrisbreizh on Sat Jun 22, 2024 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Chrisbreizh,

Could you please try to activate on the new machine.

Thanks.

Chrisbreizh

Post by Chrisbreizh »

Hi @tickstory,
It works, thanks a lot.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Excellent - you're welcome, Chrisbreizh!