problem with release 1.7.3 and MT4 build 950

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
tickstory

Re: problem with release 1.7.3 and MT4 build 950

Post by tickstory »

Hi Fractalfreak,

Which error are you referring to? The launcher error message? Have you checked MT4's Help->About to double-check you're on Build 910?

Thanks.

fractalfreak

Post by fractalfreak »

Hello,

yes, I changed to 910....

I added thr "/skipupdate" to the MT4 launcher as described...

still the attached error message...
Attachments
error mg.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Fractalfreak,

You need to apply your license in Help->License before proceeding. Please make sure you also check out the FAQ if you are having further problems as many common issues are outlined there.

Thanks.

Pipperoni

Post by Pipperoni »

Improving is nice ... but the problems with the frequent software updates are driving me crazyyyyyyy ! After I updated to 1.7 ... I had so many troubles that I went back to 1.6.2.0 All worked nice for a while, and than came Metaquotes with it's build 950 ... and now I am stuck again ! I searched for an older install file of MT4 from before the update... But even a file from last year, when I install it ... it gives me that new build 950.
Has anybody still a version 825 of FXCM MT4 ? (not from an other broker, because FXCM has a specific way of quoting it's CFDs)
or
How to make the file FXCM-MT4Install.exe, from 15 june 2015, install the version that it was intent to install in june 2015 ???

Pipperoni

Post by Pipperoni »

The reason why an older install file will also install the last build 950 of Metatrader is because the exe file will connect to the broker server during installation and download the latest version. Has anybody an idea from which version on this happening. So we than need to go back to an MT4 build from before this download during install was happening. Image

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Pipperoni,

The MT4 Installation will always attempt to download the latest build regardless of the setup.exe you use. Please follow the steps in the post above (http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopi ... t=10#p4284) to revert your MT4 Build back.

As for having to revert back to v1.6 from v1.7, you will need to give further details of what problems you are having. As far as the launcher goes, the later versions of Tickstory only add support for additional MT4 Builds, which means the launcher for v1.6 or v1.7 will behave the same for the same MT4 Build.

Regards.