Timezone Questions

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
batixelli

Timezone Questions

Post by batixelli »

Hello! I have purchased your prdouct to meet with all of the criteria what i want to use.

I would like to know about the DST and the timezone.

-If i have downloaded the data for EURAUD 3 years, i have choosen my timezone (Paris,Brussel). I have launched the MT4 through Tickstory launcher.
I have opened EURAUD chart i went back in the history 2013 a day. . Right now i have an important question.

I am looking for the the London Market Opening Candle. In my country it is 9.00 AM the candle which show the first London Market Candle.
If i have exported the data and i launched the mt4 with Tickstory launcher,
all of the London Market Opening candle at 9.00Am clock shows me the exact time when it was the real First London Market candle in the past?
I would like to make sure i am analyzing the right candle every year and every winter and summer time.

Thanks

tickstory

Re: Timezone Questions

Post by tickstory »

Hi Batixelli,

Tickstory utilises the DST/time-zone settings which are installed as part of the Windows installation. You can see the details of these time-shits by clicking the "i" button you see on the right-hand side of the time-zone selection combo. This will give you a complete run-down of the time-shifts that occur on dates & times. If the time-zone has had any modifications throughout the years, then they should appear here and be applied accordingly when Tickstory shifts the time to the selected time-zone.

Regards.

batixelli

Post by batixelli »

Thanks for the answer.
I have clicked on the" i" The follwoing information ahs been displayed: Starts: 0001.01.01. Ends 9999.12.31 Transition starts 1/march 02:00 Sunday Transition Ends: 1 october 03:00:00 sunday
That is mean Tickstory has adjusted the data to my timezone and nothing to do with. If i look at the candles, everything is on the right time according my timezone?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Batixelli,

All Tickstory does is take the existing data/timestamps and convert them into the chosen time-zone with the DST time shifts that are shown by the 'i' button. If you've chosen London timezone then this will be the time-zone of the data that appears in your MT4 export.

If this doesn't answer your question, appreciate if you can give further details about the issue. Screenshots are always helpful.

Thanks.

Forexunderground

Post by Forexunderground »

Hello

I have downloaded the tickstory Data for 2 different computer to check the timezone problem in different metatrader 4. If i lookback 2014. november 18. The London Session starting candle it is different, but the timezone i have set it up before the exporting was Budapest timezone, how can happen this problem?

Regards

Attila

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Forexunderground,

I'm not sure I've understood the problem exactly, but are you saying that you have exported data on two different computers with the same timezone settings and yet they have different charts?
The only thing I can imagine that could cause this is either:

1) You are connected to your broker and your historical data from Tickstory is getting overwritten or;
2) The timezone conversion information is different on your two Windows machines. To check this, press the 'i' button near the timezone and ensure each displays the same information. If not, it could mean that one of the machines is missing an important update that corrects this.

Hope this helps.

Forexunderground

Maybe i am doing something wrong.

1.Do you have a skype or telephone access to discuss it is really important because i am managing huge money i need to work with but i can not work trustable. Maybe you can help smoother.

Basically i am exporting the data to the Mt4, after i launch through tickstory and open a new chart in the mt4 and even i can not display the 1 month data in my Mt4 what can be the problem?
Also it is not sure for me if i download the data to my Mt4 which is use GMT+1 but my tickstory data timezone it is gmt+2 automatically should show the Data in GMT+2?.

Forexunderground

Now i have another problem.
1. I have downloaded the 2014-2015 EURJPY H1 data. THe Problem if i launch the Mt4 and i am opening the EURJPY chart i can not get back to 2014. What can be the problem?
2. If i download the data in Budapest GMT+2 but the Broker is GMT+1, the data will be shown every candle GMT+2?
3. Can you resend for me the latest tickstory installer? I would like to re-install everything because i have changed many folder and it looks like does not work anymore with it.

Thanks.

Attila

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hello,

To address your questions:

- Unfortunately we can only provide online support at this stage.
- Please make sure you are disconnected from your broker. This may be causing a refresh of your data. Why are you exporting to Budapest timezone/
- We have resent your application download link to your email address, but I don't believe this is likely to resolve whatever issue you are having.
If you can provide more screenshots and steps you are taking to reproduce the issue this might help.

Thanks!

swordfish

Post by swordfish »

I downloaded data and exported to MT4. I tried E Europe +2 and DST yes. The NFP news event happened on my broker's chart (ICMarkets GMT +3) at 15:30 May 6 as indicated by a spike, but the back testing chart showed this event on 04;30. I tried exporting to MT4 with GMT +11, I got the same event time 04:30 on my back testing chart. "Adjust Timezone" does not seem to matter. How do I correct this so that they match?