Timezone Questions

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
tickstory

Re: Timezone Questions

Post by tickstory »

Hi Swordfish,

I think you are looking for the timezone "UTC +2 with European/London DST" which is towards the top of the timezone list. This should automatically adjust for daylight savings.

Regards.

swordfish

Post by swordfish »

My mistake. Now all matched. Thank you.

SzabolcsTrader

Timezone Questions

Post by SzabolcsTrader »

Hello Tickstory,

I have been trying, but still did not managed to download the data of EURUSD in D1 in the desired timezone. (GMT+2) I have tried everything and downloaded more than 50 GB data with different settings, with 1.8, the latest version of Tickystory in the MetaQuoetes 970 build. It did not react to any time zone settings, it generated data with the basic setting.
I'd like to get some help with the following: which settings do i need, to have data only from monday to friday, and do not include sunday 22:00 to 00:00.
In my opinion, i could do that with the help of the GMT+2 Eastern European timezone data. (I am from Hungary and would need GMT+2)
But the two does not look like the same.
I have tried to download data including weekends and without but still nothing had changed.
I have attached the images, you could see the difference between them. The difference is caused becuase of the sunday 22:00 to 00:00 data are included. I wish to see data only from monday from 00:00 to friday market closing.

I really hope you could help me,
Szabolcs Erdélyi
Attachments
^C0EB7724FCA11325E04E0984875F771B115006D605E5515416^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Szabolcs,

Looking at your screenshots, is Tickstory's chart the one on the left or right? Producing our own chart for EURUSD March 2010 (European DST timezone at the top of the list), it looks like the left-hand side chart. On the weekend of the 13th March, the last bar is Friday the 12th and the next daily bar is the Monday 15th March. Perhaps if you baseline in GMT for starters, this would make for an easier comparison?

Thanks.
Attachments
timezone.jpg

SzabolcsTrader

Post by SzabolcsTrader »

Hello Tickstory,

thanks for the answer. the tickstory's version was on the right side. I wish to aim what is on the left side. The image you sent me, with the help of which settings can I approach the same outcome?

Also, what do you mean by: "Perhaps if you baseline in GMT for starters" please? Not sure I understood this.

Thank you
Szabolcs

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Szabolcs,

The settings were the default except for the start/end dates (1/3/2010 - 1/4/2010) and the timezone which was "UTC +2 with European/London DST" (toward the top of the selection box).
If you are still having difficulties, please click the "i" box to the right of the timezone selection and just double-check there is an entry for a 1-hour DST adjustment between 1st Mar - 1st Oct.

Hope this helps.

SzabolcsTrader

Post by SzabolcsTrader »

Hi Tickstory,

Thank you for your answer. I'm still having difficulties, I attach the image of my settings, please let me know if you did the same or if not, what should I change.

Regards,
Szabolcs
Attachments
settings.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Szabolcs,

Please start by using the settings shown and then work your way from there. This should yield the chart we showed in the previous message. If you don't get this, then something else is a problem. In particular, make sure:

1) Your broker terminal is not connected. This could be causing a back-fill of data and overwriting of your exported data.
2) Verify that the date ranges you exported are the same as what you're seeing on the chart. If not, it means you are exporting to the wrong location. Make sure you have selected the correct MT4 terminal folder AND make sure you have selected the correct servername that you are testing in. Sometimes there are multiple servers in the same terminal, such as "real" and "demo". Make sure this matches with the one you are testing with when you launch MT4 (it typically shows which server is being used by default in the login screen).

Hope this helps.
Attachments
timezonesettings.jpg

SzabolcsTrader

Post by SzabolcsTrader »

Hello Tickstory,

Thank you for your reply. Point 1 and 2 is correct and made sure that I did it in the right way. One more question though regarding the timeframe settings: If I only want to export 'Daily' data, does it influence the chart's outcome (maybe that is the problem that i ticked only daily)? or do i have to tick and export all the timeframes at once?

Thanks.
Szabolcs

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Szabolcs,

Could you please clarify whether you had the same results as our chart shows when you used exactly the same settings (including the date range)? It should not make any difference to export only D1 vs other timeframes.

Thanks.