Export Tick File

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Jeff719

Export Tick File

Post by Jeff719 »

Hi All,

I was happy to install this nice software yesterday.

Unfortunately, I have few troubleshoting.

1) Is it possible to change language (back to english) without reinstall ? Spupidly, I click on french... nobody's perfect. Then translation provide good entertainment time but it's not so fun when you try to achieve something wich does'n work :-)

2) During export file (to get a tick file for EXCEL), I have only Bars or 1 ou 10 seconds Bars. There is not "ticks alone" in the combox box to select the file format.
(of course I can read .BI5 file with C++, but it's not my goal).

I have read Faq and Help before posting... :oops:

Thanks in advance.

tickstory

Re: Export Tick File

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your feedback and the knowledge that the French translation provided some extra comedic value ;) I think this is the last major translation that is waiting for some kind soul to refine.

Re: your questions:

1) In the Tickstory installation folder, you can delete the "FR" directory to remove the French translation. It will then revert to English.
2) Check out this video which demonstrates step-by-step how to export tick data:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PzXNF3OlG8

Make sure you turn on the closed captions in YouTube as it will give a written narration of what's going on.

Let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards.

Jeff719

Re: Export Tick File

Post by Jeff719 »

Great !

Thx for your quick answer. I will kick off this fr directory soon. Not now, because download still in progress. :mrgreen:

About file export I did'nt understood immediately that resolution time is S1. One second.

So I was looking for same files as I log when I trap every ticks on my HDD during EA...

All is clear now.

Within a few days, I will provide you the correct french translation for menu items.

Just a funny sample :

In English : Second place-finisher and a Second ( 1000 ms) elaps time is the same word.
In French, it's the same, but there is a synonyme with Second place : "Deuxieme place" (mean 2nd), witch is the word selected :

It's like if u say in English : One 2nd bar instead of 1 seconde bar ( S1 bar)

regards