Launch issues and download errors

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Easy-Read

Re: Launch issues and download errors

Post by Easy-Read »

I installed 902, ran it in administrator mode making sure I chose the right install folder then downloaded the history data. TickStory is still giving the same 'Mt4 Launch Issue'

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Easy-read,

Could you please check your messages and email - we've tried to contact you directly. Thanks for uploading the terminal.exe - it seems that this is Build 902, not 903. We've tested with this version already but will see if there's something special with the one you have.

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Easy-read - just completed a test with the terminal (Build 902) you provided. The launch was successful and there was no indication that the files were being named with the .m15 (etc) extensions.
Appreciate if you can respond to the PMs we have sent you so we can try troubleshoot further.

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Easy-read,

As per our discussion offline - it appears that you had not set the MT4 Installation Folder in File->Settings->MT4 Settings which is why you were getting the launch error. Once this was done, everything worked as expected.

Regards.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

The FAQ has been now been updated with this topic, which includes a trouble-shooting check-list that covers all the issues that users have experienced in this thread. If you are having this issue, please take the time to run through the steps to resolve it:

http://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=613

Thanks.

Deuteronomy818

Post by Deuteronomy818 »

To Whom It May Concern,

I just started receiving this same new error. It always used to work before, but now it has this same error.

The MT4 is the same as before, Lite Forex Build 902 October 23, 2015.
I tried it both with the MT4 closed and with it open.
I tried it both as an administer and without an administrator.
My OS is Windows 8 Pro.
I do not have a license for the Lite version of Tickstory. I didn't think it was required.

Please advise of a resolution.

Regards,

Dana

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Deuteronomy818,

A licensed copy of Tickstory is required for launching MT4 Builds 765 and above. You can find out more on this post:

http://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=766

I'm not sure how it was previously working on your non-licensed version unless perhaps you previously didn't notice the error message. Once you register your version you will no longer receive this message.

Regards.

alex

Post by alex »

Hi just buy Tickstory but none work
this is my settings and error from this software
Attachments
impostmt4.jpg
errore.jpg

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the screenshots - very helpful. It appears that you have set your "MT4 Installation folder" incorrectly. You need to specify the actual "Program Files" location of the installation. It should be something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Metatrader". Once you correct this, everything should work.

Regards.

alex

Post by alex »

Thanks for your answer but until now I have not solved the problem. I also reinstalled the MT4 and controlled the entire forum to solve alone, this is my present situation, seem tickstory don't like my directory.
Attachments
mydirectory.jpg
error.jpg