Launch issues and download errors

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
rozirozi

Re: Lauch issues and download errors

Post by rozirozi »

I tried everything, what you wrote. Unfortunately, nothing helps. The problem is somewhere else.

I´m running on Win 7 Ultimate. AMD FX 8350 eight-core, 8 GB ram

PS.: Now I got a new version of the MT4 (build 895 ), but the problem persists ...

Where can I find detailed error message?

tickstory wrote:Hi Rozirozi,

Thanks for attachment. We've just tested this Build 893 and the good news is that everything is working fine for us.
Of course, we still need to resolve your issue. We're thinking that perhaps you are receiving a Windoows prompt for administrator (point number 4 in this list we mentioned). Is this the case?
Have you tried manually starting the terminal and then pressing Tickstory's launch button?
What version of Windows are you running?

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Erik,

As per our discussion offline, it appears you are now up-and-running. As far as I understand, there was nothing in particular that needed to be done to resolve the issue. If you would like to share any "gotchas" that you may have come across during the process it may prove helpful others.

Thanks!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Rozirozi,

We've tried to PM you but have had no response. Did you manage to resolve the issue or do you still need assistance?

Thanks.

Easy-Read

Post by Easy-Read »

I'm using MetaTrader 4 & I'm getting the same error. I'm using Build 902.

I can see FXT files being created but they don't seem to be used. They seem to have a different naming convention i.e. don't use .m15 etc.

I've tried running in administrators mode & loading everything from Tickstory. I've just bought a license as well.

Any further suggestions?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Easy-read - do you have a screenshot of the "different naming convention"? Is that the only problem or are you also getting the launcher error as well? We've recently tested with Build 902 and didn't have an issue.

Please let us know.

smd100

MT4 Launcher not working

Post by smd100 »

Hi - I have been going through the threads relating to this problem but I am unable to find a resolution to this problem

I purchased Tickstory 1.7.2.0 this morning and entered my product key into Help > License Code

I have tried various MT4 builds and I am currently using 903 downloaded from metatrader4.com

I have set tickstory to run as administrator

I am still receiving a message when trying to launch MT4 that a suitable launcher cannot be found

Any help is greatly appreciated

tickstory

Re: Launch issues and download errors

Post by tickstory »

Hi Smd100,

As per our discussion offline, there were a few things that were causing your issues:
1) Your File->Settings->MT4 Settings was not specifying the Installation folder of MT4. That is, it is usually under the Program Files directory and looks something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Metatrader".
2) Under Windows 7, it is necessary to launch Tickstory as Administrator by right-clicking the icon and saying "Run as Administrator".
3) Your MT4 symbol was called "EURUSDf" and therefore you need to map to this symbol (details on this process are in the manual).

Great to know you've got it up and running under the latest Build 902.

Regards.

Easy-Read

Post by Easy-Read »

Here is the Launch Issue error
Mt4-Launch-Issue.gif
Here is a screenshot of the FXT folder. The big files are those from Tickstory
FXT-File-tester-history.gif
Just incase the installation of the Forex folder is causing problems, here is a copy of it.
Metatrader-directory.gif
I hope this helps

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Easy-read,

Thanks for the screenshots - they are very helpful. Looks like something may have been possibly introduced in Build 903. If this is the case, you may need to roll-back to Build 902 while we investigate. We can't get a hold of Build 903 from metatrader.com - the latest appears to be 902. Are you able to provide us with the terminal.exe so we can look at this further?
You can try attach it as a zip file on the forum or send us a Google drive/One drive link (or the like).

Thanks.

Easy-Read

Post by Easy-Read »

Sorry I was away from my computer. I'm not sure if I've done this right but here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing