Launch issues and download errors

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Erik

Launch issues and download errors

Post by Erik »

Hello i bought your tickstory program but I am still getting this mesages:

1. After Export of some graph I wanted launch to MT4 and still getting:
"A suitable launcher could not be found for your Metatrader version
watch added png file 01.png
[img]file:///C:/Users/Erik/Desktop/TICKSTORY/01.png[/img]

2. I wanted download DAX30 and GOLD and I am still getting messages:
"Error occurred download: ..............."
watch added png file 02.png
[img]file:///C:/Users/Erik/Desktop/TICKSTORY/02.png[/img]

3. I have MT4 Build 845
[img]file:///C:/Users/Erik/Desktop/TICKSTORY/03.png[/img]
4. I have installed 3 pieces of Metatrader 4 on PC: for demo account, backtest, and for trade. How to make TICKSTORY launch to MT4 which i want to choose?

To be honest I have same problems like in Lite version which is for free, if I pay for something I would like to have functional program.

Actually I cant do any backtest with ur data.

Thank You for Urgent Help
Erik Selinger
Attachments
03.png
02.png
01.png

tickstory

Re: Lauch issues and download errors

Post by tickstory »

Hi Erik,

1) Can you please go to File->Settings in Tickstory and tell me whether you have set your MT4 Installation folder? It should be something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\XTB". If it is not, please set this before trying to launch again.

2) The earliest historical data that Dukascopy has for DEUIDXEUR is 18th September 2011. The earliest for XAGUSD (GOLD) is 11 November 2011. If you try to request earlier than this, you will receive errors that the data could not be found. A full list of the available date ranges for each symbol can be found here: http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155.

4) As per the answer to question 1) - You need to select your MT4 Installation folder (i.e. the backtesting installation).

I hope this helps resolves the issues you mention.

Regards.

rozirozi

Post by rozirozi »

I have same problem. There is big BUG in TickStory program.

Sometimes it work, sometimes receive this error message!!!

Please fix the problem.
Attachments
error
error

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Rozirozi,

This error can occur for the following reasons:

1) You have not applied your license (this doesn't appear to be the case).
2) You have not set your MT4 Installation folder correctly in File->Settings->MT4 Settings. It should be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Metatrader. This again doesn't appear to be your case if you're saying it works sometimes.
3) You are trying to launch an MT4 build which is not supported. This doesn't seem to apply to you if you're saying it works sometimes.
4) You are getting a Windows prompt for administrator access when you launch. If this is the case, please run Tickstory as Administrator to resolve the issue.
5) On slower machines, if MT4 takes some time to load, Tickstory does not wait any longer and puts up this error. Once MT4 has finished starting, you can press the launch button again and it should then work.

If none of these apply to you, appreciate if you can provide further details about how we can reproduce the issue, including details about your system, MT4 build and any other information you may think is relevant. For example, is it occurring only on the first time you launch?

Thanks.

rozirozi

Post by rozirozi »

Is supported version MT4 build 893 (16 Oct 2015)?

In this new version I get an error message every time. In the previous version it was at least occasionally.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Rozirozi,

Is this an official release you got from a broker? If so, which broker? My understanding is that this is just a beta release.

Thanks.

rozirozi

Post by rozirozi »

No, it´s not beta release. All my brokers use MT4 Build 893 now.
tickstory wrote:Hi Rozirozi,

Is this an official release you got from a broker? If so, which broker? My understanding is that this is just a beta release.

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Can you please point us broker and also send us a copy of your terminal.exe so we can test it out? You should be able to attach a zip file here, otherwise if you can email it or send a URL to an online location (such as Google drive) that would be great.

Thanks.

rozirozi

Post by rozirozi »

For example: Swissquote bank broker.

link to terminal.exe: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1 ... file%2cexe
tickstory wrote:Can you please point us broker and also send us a copy of your terminal.exe so we can test it out? You should be able to attach a zip file here, otherwise if you can email it or send a URL to an online location (such as Google drive) that would be great.

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Rozirozi,

Thanks for attachment. We've just tested this Build 893 and the good news is that everything is working fine and no update to the launcher is needed for this version.
Of course, we still need to resolve your issue. We're thinking that perhaps you are receiving a Windoows prompt for administrator (point number 4 in this list we mentioned). Is this the case?
Have you tried manually starting the terminal and then pressing Tickstory's launch button?
What version of Windows are you running?

Thanks.