Which is faster: Download or export?

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
cullo6

Which is faster: Download or export?

Post by cullo6 »

Hello, I just want to ask you, what is better? Download data first with ,,download" function and then export to MT4, or directly export to MT4? Because, I thought that, when I first download data with function ,,download", that then ,,export data to MT4" function will only convert downloaded data to .fxt, but it takes the same time like when I directly export data to MT4.

And second question: Can I copy .fxt files from MT4´s data folder to another MT4´s data folder and using their?

Thank you for your respond and sorry for my english.

tickstory

Re: Which is faster: Download or export?

Post by tickstory »

Hi Cullo,

If you are exporting, it is best to just use the "Export" function as it downloads and exports in a single step. The "download" function is primarily used when back-filling or verifying existing data. You can obviously use the "Download" function if you want to merely pre-download the data to your PC for subsequent use at a later time.

And yes, you can copy the FXT files to the Data Folder of another MT4 instance.

Hope this helps.

cullo6

Post by cullo6 »

Thanks. So, when I download data first, can I export them to the MT4 without the internet? Or it will download data again?

Ok, and when I want to change .mt4config file (broker setting) in exported .fxt files, what I must to do? Is it possible?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Cullo,

Once the data is downloaded, it will reside on your disk drive and will not need to be downloaded from the internet again. There are more details on the download behaviour in the manual.
If you want to change your MT4 Export Settings (i.e. FXT information), then you can do this in the "MT4 Settings" window when you export MT4 data. You can also save your settings as "default" so it will use the settings on the next export. This feature is also detailed in the manual.

Thanks.