v1.7 Released!

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
tickstory

Re: v1.7 Released!

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

We are looking at the possibility of releasing the launcher for 950, however at this stage cannot offer any fix for the spread issue that has been introduced since Build 920. This means that only EAs that are not dependent on spread be supported on Build 920+.
We will be updating this thread when we have more information. In the mean-time, please refrain from creating additional threads on this same topic. Instead, if you want to get updates immediately as they are available, you can 'Like' us on Facebook or Google+.

Thanks.

4EverMaAT

Post by 4EverMaAT »

^^ You'd have to notate this when you release the newer version that for those needing variable spreads to either use < = b910 or use TDS. I was wondering if the paid version of TickStory has variable spread support (or plans to). And also, can Tickstory overcome 2GB limit?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

Version v1.7.4 has just been released with the following changes:

• [artf302130] MT Launcher: Support for builds 940 + 950 (NOTE: A workaround is required to set spread correctly - see notes below).

Due to an issue with MT4 Builds 940 and 950, you will be required to do the following steps each time you wish to set the spread (thanks to Radu for this solution):

1. Launch MT4 as usual via the Tickstory launcher.
2. In the MT4 Strategy Tester, select your desired spread.
3. Select the "Control points" modelling type and press the 'Test' button. You can immediately stop the back-test once it has started. The selected spread will now take effect.
4. Select the "Tick" modelling method and continue back-testing as normal.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 whenever you wish to change the spread.

To download the latest version, please use the original download link you were sent upon registration. This update is provided free to all licensed users.

Thanks to all for your support!

radu

Post by radu »

I've found a solution, which seems to be enough to use as a workaround about the spread-problem (mentioned by the previous post).

1. start MT4 from TSL with the basic method
2. change the spread in the select input field, and switch to Control point method
3. press Start and wait for the first tick, then stop the test immediately with the Stop button (in visual you could easily verify when the test starts)
4. now change back to Tick method, and voila - the spread now the value what you set previuosly, and you could use it with the pre-cooked FXT data of yours.

So we're using the fact that in the 99.9% modelling doesn't use the Control point method - and because of this MT4 will create a standard backtest environment, which will eventually set the spread to the desired value.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Radu,

Many thanks for the feedback. This is a great, simple solution and we have updated our release notes to reflect this workaround for Builds 940 & 950.

Regards.

Agagon

Post by Agagon »

Hi,

How can I get the last version? It opens the download page with the only option of paying for the 1.7.4, it is supposed to be free for the current licensed users.

Thanks,

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Agagon,

To get the latest version, please use the original download link you were sent when you purchased your license.

Thanks.

rkahlon

Post by rkahlon »

Hi,

I recently purchased Tickstory and downloaded the most recent version (1.7.4). I am using Build 950, and everything works perfectly fine except for the workaround mentioned above. I see that the spread is applied on the Control Points method, but when I switch to the Every Tick method and check the backtest results, I don't see the spread been applied.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Roger

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Roger,

What code are you using to determine whether spread has been applied?

Thanks.

rkahlon

Post by rkahlon »

Hi,

I realized that the spread was "points" and not "pips", and I was entering a value of "2" when it should have been "20". So everything seems to be fine now.

Thanks!