v1.7 Released!

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
tickstory

Re: v1.7 Released!

Post by tickstory »

Great, Rkahlon! Thanks for getting back to us.

ernest02

Post by ernest02 »

I have just purchased Tickstory v1.7.4 but when I want to launch MT4 from the Tools menu a box comes up and ask for my Tick Data Suite serial number. I purchased Tickstory instead of Birt's Tick Data Suite because of the big price difference. Don't tell me now that I still need to purchase Tick Data Suite???

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

ernest02 wrote:I have just purchased Tickstory v1.7.4 but when I want to launch MT4 from the Tools menu a box comes up and ask for my Tick Data Suite serial number. I purchased Tickstory instead of Birt's Tick Data Suite because of the big price difference. Don't tell me now that I still need to purchase Tick Data Suite???
Hi Ernest,

You need to manually uninstall TDS from the Metatrader folder, otherwise Tickstory will attempt to launch using the TDS. To uninstall, go to the Metatrader installation folder and remove the "tds.exe". After that, try launching again and it should use the Tickstory launcher.

Regards.

blott

Post by blott »

Hi,
I just bought V1.7 today but there were no instructions with it how to use it i.e. how to get data, where to put it so that MT4 strategy tester can use it.

Do you have any instructions with this s/w?

Thanks,

Mike

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Blott,

To access the help manual, press F1 (which goes to http://usermanual.tickstory.com/). I would recommend you watch our primer video here:

https://youtu.be/084k9fJCeCY

There are also numerous other 'how-tos' on our website here:

http://tickstory.com/whats-new/

And of course, if you run into specific issues, please check out our FAQ here:

http://tickstory.com/faq

Regards.

blott

Post by blott »

Hi,
Thanks for the manual link, though I would have expected this to come with the s/w ZIP download - would have saved us some time.
BTW, the paid version is called Lite, the same as the free version. When I unzip the file, it's named 'Lite'. I deleted it twice, thinking it was the free lite version!

Thanks again for the manual link.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Blott,

We update our documentation & FAQs with new information, so it's best to maintain everything on the web where you can get the latest information.
Regarding the naming, yes, we will address this. Once you apply your license you will get all the "licensed" functionality and this will be indicated by the "unlocked lock" icon on the toolbar.

Hope this helps.

blott

Post by blott »

HI,
Yes, I understand the need to put everything in one place. I should also have clicked on the Help tab..DOH!

I am having a problem with launching MT4, When it comes up it doesn't say that it was launched by TS, I just get the normal FXCM heading. When I ran an EA on Daily, using gbpusd data downloaded through TS, I still only get 50% modelling quality, not the 90+% I had been expecting. What might be the problem?

Thanks.

ernest02

Post by ernest02 »

Can anyone tell me if the workaround to set the correct spread applies only to backtesting - or also to optimization?
And once this has been set, can I change e,g, the currency pair or time frame and keep on testing or must I reset the spread through the workaround every time I do a new run?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ernest,

Yes, we have tested the workaround in optimization mode and spread is being applied. You only need to perform the workaround steps every time you wish to set the spread. You can switch between instruments (timeframe, etc) without having to reapply.

Regards.